Other Open Community Admin Positions: ASSHAT and Advertiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello there, EscapeRestart!

First, quickly - if you haven't seen, we are running a Terraria event server this weekend. Check it out!

Would you like to contribute meaningfully to EscapeRestart in an Admin role? Or are you just looking for power on the Internet? We’re looking to expand our Admin team so that we’re more capable and more able to provide for what is hopefully, soon, an expanding community.

Role Descriptions:
ASSHAT: The Assistant Head Admin Technician (keeping it’s name for old time’s sake) focuses on keeping the backends of our servers and forums in tip-top shape. Jobs of the ASSHAT include assisting in updating servers and the forums, and performing day-to-day security and housekeeping on our Linux server. It is expected that the ASSHAT has intermediate to advanced knowledge in Linux and is a quick, self-motivated learner if their skills aren't quite up to snuff.

Advertiser: The Advertiser will have one primary job: creating content and advertising our servers and community. This entails finding creative and aggressive ways of putting our name out there, and working off an extremely tight budget to optimize our money put into advertising. It would be preferred if the Advertiser has experience in creating graphical / video content, but is not required.

Process:
The first stage in applying for these administrative roles is filling out an interest form, which will be located at the bottom of this thread. Within about a week to two weeks time, we will get back to you. After this, we may determine that you are a strong candidate and will schedule a follow-up meeting with you and the admins, or determine that perhaps you may not be the most suited for the role. Following that meeting, we will then get back to you after all meetings are done to notify you of your status.

If you feel you are qualified and have interest in helping the community through either role, we encourage you to apply. Past or current staff experience is not required, we want fresh blood on the team and this includes people who aren’t currently staff at all. Joke applications are not worth your time and will result in a harsh scolding from the Admins. However, you should not apply if you feel you can not handle the tough, thankless job that is being an Admin, or you’re doing it solely because you want power. If either of these are the case, you aren’t going to have a good time.

Thanks! If you have any lingering questions, please PM the current admins.

APPLICATIONS CLOSED

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I bet GmK didn't know about this, when he became asshat.
Apply for asshat anyway :D
Dear god on a sandwich no. I already bricked a computer once ;-; I'll read this book first and use my own PC as a guinea pig. I don't want ER's servers to die.

IT WAS ONE LETTER. ONE. LETTER. I MISTYPED A SINGLE LETTER AND IT BRICKED EVERYTHING.

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Dear god on a sandwich no. I already bricked a computer once ;-; I'll read this book first and use my own PC as a guinea pig. I don't want ER's servers to die.

IT WAS ONE LETTER. ONE. LETTER. I MISTYPED A SINGLE LETTER AND IT BRICKED EVERYTHING.
Fiesta for ASSHAT 2015!

EDIT: Unless Fiesta doesn't want to but he should

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Didn't you set up like a whole irc bot which had like hundreds of functions and was used in ER irc?

You're practically an ASSHAT already, right? ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and Fragile

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

Thats why we make backups.
If you brick something you can always restore.

Reactions: Fragile
Status
Not open for further replies.