Notice to all RoF players.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
To RoF players,
Recently it has come to my attention that multiple players have been excluding new players only due to the reason that they are new. Say this as an example.

New Player: Can I stay in your house?

Player 1: No

New Player: Why not?

Player 1 never answers the question.

===========================

Old Player: Can I stay in your house?

Player 1: Of course!

This is not acceptable. If you have reasons to excluding players then let them know. Don’t just ignore them and don’t let their rank be the answer. How would you feel if you were a new player and nobody wanted you to be with them? This is in a sense ostracizing and will not help those players feel welcome and most players this happens to won’t want to return. I don’t want us to have the reputation of ‘Jerks who won’t let new players in’.

In addition to this, it seems players are getting confused on what helping out is on the server. Almost every player now says as follows when a new player joins.

Player 1 has ranked up to Player!

Player 2: Welcome to RoF Player 1! Make sure to read our /rules!

Player 3: Welcome to RoF Player 1! Make sure to read our /rules!

Player 4: Welcome to RoF Player 1! Make sure to read our /rules!

Player 5: Welcome to RoF Player 1! Make sure to read our /rules!

Player 6: Welcome to RoF Player 1! Make sure to read our /rules!

Player 7: Welcome to RoF Player 1! While you are getting used to the server feel free to stay at my house for a few rounds!

Now, which one seems like it is the most helpful? If you were to start over and be a new player which one would you want to see? The welcome Players 2-6 gave? No. Most players would be much happier to see the welcome Player 7 gave, as it helps them know that in a server where a vast majority of us are higher ranks they are still cared about. Operators, this does apply to some of you as well. You know who you are.

In closure, please be more considerate of players’ feelings and don’t help out just by saying welcome to the server.

H

Harold1995

This post is awfully right! i can see why some have trust issues with new players tho :L
Maybe that's where the status kicks in. Always be nice to players you can't mistake the good guys as bad :D

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
It was a biting social commentary and we didn't even realize it!

But yes, to add to this, don't be afraid to let new players into your home. The staff are always within reach, and even in the event we aren't, we have the player report thread for good reason. Of course, such maladies as grief and trolling are bound to happen, there exist in this world both good and bad people. However, if you can just be knowledgeable about what you need to do, you'll be safe. If you so choose ,you can even screenshot your inventory if you're worried someone will flood you. (Not that it would guarantee a restore) Never forget that we were all Players and Crafters at some point, and while we have worked hard to become Masters and Grandmasters, we must never forget our beginnings. It never hurts to expand the RoF community, whether it's players from other Blocktopia communities or people just logging in for the first time! Never be afraid to take chances. Who knows, maybe you'll even make some new friends.

Reactions: CloudBryan9
Reaction score
This is very true. I will now try to help new and old players more effectively. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Remember dont judge a book by its cover!;)

W

Wimali

Just posting this here, but I think RoF is an amazing server and has an amazing staff team + playerbase. That is all.

• Agree
Reactions: Naoh