New mode or version

Mosshadow95

Reaction score
Do any of you think it would be a good idea to have a mode or a new server where blocks melt based on time and surface area?
For example on calm
dirt melts at 5 mins 20 seconds
Sand turns to glass in 20 secs
glass melts at 5 mins
cobble melts at 7 mins
stone melts at 15 mins etcs.

These are the times if a block shares one border with lava
For every additional side side exposed the time decreases by 10%

thus with two sides (Like the corner of a building)
dirt 4mins 40 seconds

The reason for this is that it can be a little too easy to survive on calm. For example many players just build a shack of dirt or dig into the ground and wait until the end. This way players will need to build higher or have thicker walls with multiple materials. Players digging under ground will need to line their shelter with cobble or stone to provide protection when the top soil melts.

Reactions: JKangaroo

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Honestly I don't like this at all; calm is meant to be easy to survive on and it generally is the rounds in which players gather materials.

I don't like the idea of different blocks melting at different increments either.

I do appreciate that you made a suggestion, I really do, but I just do not think this is meant for RoF.

• Agree
Reactions: Spencer75

VegnaTurtle

Reaction score
Not sure if further input is needed or welcome.
However, players would most likely become fed up with such erratic behavior. I can understand how it might spice things up though. ;)

W

Wimali

^^ ^ pretty much says it all. I think this would rather annoy experienced players and new players could get confused really easily. It would also be hard to code, I'd think.

• Agree
Reactions: Spencer75