New GameMode

Reaction score
I briefly brought this up in game, but i had a new idea for a game mode.

For any of you who have played MW3, it is a bomb-based objective game such as demolition.

For those who havent, it goes like this:
One team is attacking, the other is defending. There is either 1 or 2 bomb sites in the level. The defending teams job is to prevent the sites from being planted, and defuse them if they are. The attacking team's job is to plant the bomb. My idea, if it is possible to code, is that we use the KOTH timers to "plant" the bomb. I.E. a player from the attacking team must hold the bomb area till it is secure, equivalent to planting. The same must be done to defuse. Then, a timer is set 30-40 seconds till the bomb explodes. Attacking team must destroy all bomb sites to win, defending team must prevent them from being destroyed for a preset period of time.

For those who need further explanation,

For bomb plants/defuses/trigger times, check 0:30 in the video.

I don't know if this is possible to code, but if so, I think it would be a fun alternate game mode.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and let me know if you have questions.

Gingeronamission

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
It is a good suggestion, and sounds fun. A new system may have to be worked out, or be tweaked, such as an extended timer and new maps, but I would be happy to provide a test map. Lets see what others have to say.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
This seems like a cross between the capture point mode we have at the moment, where Red attacks and Blue defends multiple points, but Blue cannot re-capture. The game starts at ooooo and ends at ooooo.

And the other type of capture point mode which we have been talking about implementing, where both teams attack and defend. The game would start at 00000 and end at 00000 or 00000.

So if/when we were to implement the other version of CP, would there still be a place for this game mode you're proposing?

Reaction score
Well, I dont know if it is possible to add multiple round where red attacks, blue defends, and next round vice versa, but if not, the main difference I see between this and the new CP is the fact that if red (for exaple) "plants" one of the bomb sites, if blue cannot "defuse" it with in the 30-40 seconds given, then one of the points is lost.

It may be too similar to the new mode, so it is all up to you guys to make the decision. If you think it is worth taking the time to code, by all means do it.

sniper17

Reaction score
I don't really know about this. I can see you put time into thinking about this strategic game type. But I believe it's to much like the control points we already have. If the others decide it's worth a try then im all for it. So good luck Ginger, hope it goes well :)

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
This mode was indeed possible.
Coupled with CTF mode to get the bomb to the location. ;P I did a bit of planning on it, before discarding it.
In fairness, here's a list of gametypes that I have been thinking of but not gotten around to doing: probably won't

Assault - Basically CPA, except 'stand here for x, destroy y, advance to z'
Onslaught - Basically CPA gametype, except both sides, and variety of ways to get to each node. LONG GAMES.
Bombing Run - Take a 'flag' from the middle of the map and run into the enemies goal to score a point.
Reflected CTF - You need to take your flag to the enemy base to score. Essentially Bombing Run.
Demolition - Carry a bomb to a location, plant, and then defend until detonation. Rinse and repeat twice more in any order. | Could also function as a 'defend your own'.
Domination - Control two instant-turning KOTH points for 15 seconds. You cannot capture if an enemy is on the point too.
MultiKOTH - A number of control points like KOTH can be controlled. First team to xxxx seconds controlled [they all add up, 1 control point gives 1 second each time] wins.

But, don't expect any to be added because they're far too similar to current gametypes, and we're pretty much maxxed out on what gamemodes are available. Maybe when one goes.