Myrador

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
[panel]
The warp is still /warp Mirador!

Name of map: Mirador (it means the same thing as watchtower and observatory)
Author: Jivvi! (me!)
Size: Circular map, boundary is 85 blocks from the centre
Map boundary: x: -2653, z: -265 as above, a radius of 85 blocks
Kits:

Dark Hunter
Marauder
- Diamond Boots​
- Bow​
- 64 Arrows​
- 16 Apples​
Hunter
Marauder
- Diamond Boots​
- Bow​
- 64 Arrows​
- 16 Apples​
Survivor
Vigil
- Diamond Boots​
- Bow​
- 64 Arrows​
- 16 Apples​
Scavenger
Vigil
- Diamond Boots​
- Bow​
- 64 Arrows​
- 16 Apples​
Juggernaut
Vigilante
- Leather Tunic​
- Iron Boots​
- Sharpness X Iron Axe​
- Power X Bow​
- 192 Arrows​
- 64 Apples​

Random or choose kits?: Random Kits! The kits are kinda the same anyway :laugh:
Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/pVgQl
Notes: This is a competition map, and it is based on Kirby Scope Shot, a minigame found in Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Kirby's Adventure Wii)

(I couln't find one with 4 Kirbys :()
Also, I was wondering if the surrounding land mass could be removed from around the map, cause I have no idea how :roflmao:
-> You may have noticed that the map separates Survivors and Hunters so that they can only get each other with bows. I've tried to engineer the map so that Survivors can't just hide the map away, but I'm not perfect. I've decided, though, that even if Survivors manage to hide the map away, they wouldn't really get as many brains as they probably would if they had played properly, and it's far lees fun to just hide! :laugh:
Download Link:
It's in BuilBox, soooooo....
I'll try to get got a warp up, it'll be is called Mirador, so try it later so try now!
Input File:
I hope it's right, tell me if it isn't! :laugh:
Code (Input File!):
MapName: Mirador
Author: Jivvikins
BuildTime: 30
GameTime: 300
WorldTime: 15000
SpawnProtectTime: 300
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: -2653
y: 59
z: -264.5
ChooseKit: false
OneKitPerRound: false
KitResetTime: 0
BoxChance: 0
Team1:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
y: 69
z: -265
ChooseKit: false
Centre:
y: 54
z: -265
WorldSize: 85
SkyLimit: 0
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 0
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- AIR
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- AIR
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
Kit:
HunterFree:
Vigil:
- DIAMOND_BOOTS
- BOW
- ARROW|64
- APPLE|16
Juggernaut:
Vigilante:
- LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
- CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS
- IRON_BOOTS
- IRON_AXE.DAMAGE_ALL:10
- BOW.ARROW_DAMAGE:10
- ARROW|64
- ARROW|64
- ARROW|64
- APPLE|64
HunterLeader:
Marauder:
- DIAMOND_BOOTS
- BOW
- ARROW|64
- APPLE
HunterStart:
Marauder:
- DIAMOND_BOOTS
- BOW
- ARROW|64
- APPLE
SurvivorStart:
Vigil:
- DIAMOND_BOOTS
- BOW
- ARROW|64
- APPLE|16
[/panel]
Alright, most everything is the same, except for the plains of the desert, which represented the primary problem in the first submission. The only other particularly haphazardous aspect now is a very, very hidden chest with barely enough sand to reach the tower. it's very hard to find, mind you, but if need be, I'll replace it with gravel, and have survivors able to break gravel and cripple the bridge upwards.
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/E3C2j

Injoy!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
This looks like the map Desert but bigger and has more structures.

Question about the kits (not counting Juggernaut) - Since there's only bows in the kits, are there any swords or any melee weapon in chests?

Reactions: Henry

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
First, I'm not sure if it is actually possible for two different spawn points. I can't think of one that has it in the game although I know of one that was submitted to have them and yet it doesn't. This would be a major problem for this map.

Second, although your intent is to keep the two teams separate I do not think you have succeeded in doing so. I see nothing preventing a survivor from just jumping over the edge and running around the map or guarding the exits from hunter spawn. Even if it was raised so they can't jump over on their own then they could possibly get shot and that would help them enough for them to make it over.

Third, you are putting all of the survivors in one spot. This will make it really difficult for hunters to get kills especially at the start. There would just be a barrage of arrows that hunters would have to face making rounds incredibly difficult or seemingly impossible.

Fourth, once survivors run out of arrows there is no choice but to run around or hide. I feel it would be incredibly easy for survivors to win rounds on this map.

Fifth, the chest you mentioned might be difficult to find (although I might have already found it after playing a minute... well two chests actually) but once people learn where it is located it will just become a rush to the chest(s) which I think would ruin how the map is played. Also, even if they were to locate the sand/gravel chest it would still be difficult for hunters to build up to the survivors while dealing with survivors firing at them. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone were to render the chest useless or use it to block the hunter spawn exits.

Lastly, the only weapon survivors would have against hunters gaining access to their area is their bow and arrow. Once they run out of that they would be forced to run and essentially be screwed.
In case you didn't take the time to read the above here is a generalization of my thoughts:
All in all I think it is an interesting map concept and would be a change of game play. However, I do not think the map was executed in such a way that it would be enjoyable for very long on the server. Therefore I am going with a -1.

• Thank You
Reactions: Haysagar

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This looks like the map Desert but bigger and has more structures.

Question about the kits (not counting Juggernaut) - Since there's only bows in the kits, are there any swords or any melee weapon in chests?
I'll just make a list of the chests.

There are two droppers hidden in the debris, two of these contain:
- Iron Pickaxe / Knockback II (1)
- Splash Potion of Damage (4)
- Splash Potion of Slowness (4)

There's also two chests hidden in the debris, containing:
- Splash Potion of Poison (1)
- Splash Potion of Instant Damage (8)

The splash potions are challenging to land on the platform; you have to get quite close.

The two remaining chests are very, very hard to find. The first contains one block of sand in each slot of the chest. The second contains two Eyes of Ender, and exactly one Enderpearl. These, if found at all, would have some decent strategic use in conjunction with the more common items.
~

First, I'm not sure if it is actually possible for two different spawn points. I can't think of one that has it in the game although I know of one that was submitted to have them and yet it doesn't. This would be a major problem for this map.

Second, although your intent is to keep the two teams separate I do not think you have succeeded in doing so. I see nothing preventing a survivor from just jumping over the edge and running around the map or guarding the exits from hunter spawn. Even if it was raised so they can't jump over on their own then they could possibly get shot and that would help them enough for them to make it over.

Third, you are putting all of the survivors in one spot. This will make it really difficult for hunters to get kills especially at the start. There would just be a barrage of arrows that hunters would have to face making rounds incredibly difficult or seemingly impossible.

Fourth, once survivors run out of arrows there is no choice but to run around or hide. I feel it would be incredibly easy for survivors to win rounds on this map.

Fifth, the chest you mentioned might be difficult to find (although I might have already found it after playing a minute... well two chests actually) but once people learn where it is located it will just become a rush to the chest(s) which I think would ruin how the map is played. Also, even if they were to locate the sand/gravel chest it would still be difficult for hunters to build up to the survivors while dealing with survivors firing at them. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone were to render the chest useless or use it to block the hunter spawn exits.

Lastly, the only weapon survivors would have against hunters gaining access to their area is their bow and arrow. Once they run out of that they would be forced to run and essentially be screwed.
In case you didn't take the time to read the above here is a generalization of my thoughts:
All in all I think it is an interesting map concept and would be a change of game play. However, I do not think the map was executed in such a way that it would be enjoyable for very long on the server. Therefore I am going with a -1.

Well, for one thing, you're outlining spawncamping and other like things, which are possible on a multitude of other maps, and is also illegal.
The chest of sand, once found, would probably be better used as a platform to increase the range of the available potions.
Another issue outlined is Survivors swarming Hunters with arrows. I'm probably going to buff the Dark Hunter's bow quite considerably.
Another counteraction to this is the Survivors' limited arrows, which is intentional, so that they have to be careful about what they shoot, although you presented this as an entirely different point.
And finally (I seem to be working in reverse), the map that has escaped your mind is Serpents, quite an old map that utilizes this feature.

o/

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
Surely you can add a few more different block types or structures without compromising the theme?
Also the map seems very flat.. maybe adding some more structures or slight hills etc. might make it look a bit more full. All in all it looks just average nothing too amazing but nothing too terrible.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Hm... I don't know about this map. It concerns me just a little bit.

As Mmarz did point out, the concept of 2 different Spawn areas, while heard of, is not possible to my knowledge, and for the most part an abandoned idea. However, on maps like Ascendant and I think The Last of Us, upon Hunter being chosen, the Hunter would be teleported back to Lobby/put in to the Original Spawn area. If you were intending there to be something like that, it MIGHT work. The tower area would have to be accessable to Survivors via some sort of ladder/staircase, which would make it possible to engage in Close-quarters combat, which with the lack of Melee weapons, this does not seem to be the intent.

And, the landscape does look a tab bit bland. Adding some larger ruins (abandoned huts made of stonebrick, etc.) or even implimenting the cactus would make it more appealing to the eye.

As it stands right now, the map does not show much potential to be in Army of Darkness. Sorry, but like Mmarz, I'm going to have to go with a -1.

Take all this into consideration, and hopefully if this doesn't go through we'll see it again.

Good luck!

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Sorry for such the delay on making the final decision on this map. The other staff have pointed out obvious reasons with the map and I have tested it myself with a few other players. We could not have a map like this on AoD because it is to easy to simply run around in circles on the platform and simple win the round. Also the different spawn points is a bit of dark water for me. I don't know if they work since no map has ever used multiple spawn points like this. Sorry Declined.

Reactions: Jivvi
Status
Not open for further replies.