More Voting Choices

Iggish

Reaction score
Now that there are 4 different gamemodes on aod you can go a few rounds without being given the chance to vote for a specific gamemode. Earlier today it took 3 games to finally come up with a ctf option and it also happens with the other gamemodes too.

First of all I think a thing has to be made that two maps of the same gamemode cannot be in the voting simultaneously each voting period. (example two zombie gamemode maps in the voting at the same time). People do not have the option to a different gamemode until next round when this happens, limiting gameplay and gamestyle. And of course there is the reason of people simply not liking certain gamemode/maps.

I think there should be four options for voting: 1 for each gamemode type, this way people can vote for gamemodes they like and even if they do not like a certain map there is a higher chance of you liking another one in a different gamemode. Now I realise that there is a certain shortage in maps of the new gamemodes but since there is an aod map competition a flood of maps in different gamemodes will be coming out soon.

I remember when aod had 3 voting choices for a short while. This was better than only having two. There was more of a chance of people being able to vote for maps they liked unlike some where maybe the kits were unbalanced or people were able to make towers and ruin the game (i'm sorry for making those towers mooglie!).

Anyway I know that i have been rambling on so here is what I want in a brief summary:

1: The ability where two maps of the same gamemode cannot appear at the same time in the voting.

2: Four options for voting, one for each gamemode.

Thank for reading!
Iggy. ;)

Reactions: Fragile

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
If you add 2 more voting options so every gamemode is votable, people will solely choose the most popular gamemode every round, then after a while they stop choosing that gamemode entirely and start voting for another gamemode.
I'd say, keep the 2 vote options and maybe add what Fragile said, a random map/gamemode options

Iggish

Reaction score
If you add 2 more voting options so every gamemode is votable, people will solely choose the most popular gamemode every round, then after a while they stop choosing that gamemode entirely and start voting for another gamemode.
I'd say, keep the 2 vote options and maybe add what Fragile said, a random map/gamemode options
Yeah but everyone likes different things so it wouldn't always be the same gamemode over and over again!