Accepted [mob] Royal Graveyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Name: Royal Graveyard
Author: Catcocomics & tombstone memers
Game Type: mob
World Border: this isn't Breath of The Wild, no one's climbing up these walls.
Download: /warp RoyalGraveyard (thank you Iggy for posting this when apparently I didn't)
Game Time: The [BCOLOR=#000000]DEAD[/BCOLOR] of midnight.
Round Time: Average mob round time
Maximum Players: 4
Notes: the dye shop sells vines and bricks blocks for the sole purpose of banners. Terrain is to be modified in no way during play.
Wave Time: Average wave time
Shop Locations: see shulker boxes
Player Spawn: around where the warp/sign on a barrier is
Mob Spawns: about where each of the wither skulls are
Shop Items: the shulker boxes by the hut
End Wave: 25
Spawn List: Zombies (and variant), Skeletons (and both variants), Zombie Pigman, Ghast (the only thing that might be immune to smite).
Screenshots:

P.S. if you want to put R.I.P. memes on the grave stones, knock yourselves out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iggish and HKCaper

Iggish

Reaction score
This doesn't affect a whole lot, but the map itself is quite plain looks wise. Only a certain nuber of blocks are used and I don't think it quite captures the atmosphere of a graveyard (spOOoOooOoPY).
I copied the map over to my plot and I edited a part of it. This is just a suggestion. IMO it looks significantly better.
For this one I mixed up the ground blocks (I added mycellium and podzol) and added mushrooms and dead bsushes on them respectively along with grass. I also add coarse dirt to the walls while bonemealing the blocks along the top of the sides. I also made one of the graves a bit dilapidated while adding some small terrain in the corner where it was previously flat.
In saying this, this is just a suggestion and you don't have to use it at all, but I do encourage you to make the map a bit less plain and more visually apprealing. Gameplay and shop wise it's decent and I'll comment on that later.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Download: /warp RoyalGraveyard
This doesn't affect a whole lot, but the map itself is quite plain looks wise. Only a certain nuber of blocks are used and I don't think it quite captures the atmosphere of a graveyard (spOOoOooOoPY).
I copied the map over to my plot and I edited a part of it. This is just a suggestion. IMO it looks significantly better.
I had a guest over all weekend after partying from 10pm to 5pm from Thursday to Friday (senior party at It'z entertainment).

I do like some of the improvements, but I did want to limit how much climbing on things could be done for reasons based on Grow House's cop car camp exploit.

Reactions: Iggish
G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the submission!

I do like the theme of the map. It ties in fairly well with the idea of mob. The map itself doesn't seem to restrict the player's movement too much and the shop items look okay. (Though maybe people would want a weapon between 10 gold and 30/48 gold? However, the enchantment table may help prevent this concern.)
I do like some of the improvements, but I did want to limit how much climbing on things could be done for reasons based on Grow House's cop car camp exploit.
I agree with Iggy here that the design seems rather simple. Your concern is perfectly valid and understandable, but using more block variation will not change what people can climb. Also, you can always add barrier blocks to areas you don't want people to access.
Spawn List: Zombies (and variant), Skeletons (and both variants), Zombie Pigman, Ghast (the only thing that might be immune to smite).
My only problem with this is that I don't see any bows in the shops? The ghasts may end up being annoying since the players cannot reach them at all. (Let me know if I'm mistaken.)

G

Guest35486

Thought I put one or two in. Should be a plain one in the same box as the iron sword and armor.
Now that I think about it, I did forget to mention the lack of armor.

Anyway, the middle shulker box wouldn't open due to its position, so I've copied and pasted it to see its contents. This might be on accident, but the first two shulker boxes are identical:

The third looks like this:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I think someone accidentally broke the upper two boxes, and, not knowing how shulker boxes worked, tried hastily to repair the damage.
I've had to recreate the entire middle box, so might as well look now.

I've also spruced the original up a bit, so maybe it looks more spoopy and interesting?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 person
G

Guest35486

Hi Catco,

Thanks for making some changes. The map does look a lot better than before.
Some screenshots:

I do have a question concerning the sword named "Memory of Childhood." You've put Curse of Vanishing on it, but this enchantment does not work with AoD since players switch game modes instead of dying. Would you want to alter/remove this item?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I do have a question concerning the sword named "Memory of Childhood." You've put Curse of Vanishing on it, but this enchantment does not work with AoD since players switch game modes instead of dying. Would you want to alter/remove this item?
I put that in for the sole purpose of symbolizing how childhood seems to literally vanish after you cross a few too many certain thresholds in life.

For functionality, it is to remain in the inventory after death (otherwise I would have to drastically drop the price on it).

G

Guest35486

I put that in for the sole purpose of symbolizing how childhood seems to literally vanish after you cross a few too many certain thresholds in life.
Wow, this is very poetic.

Anyway, I've talked to you on Create for some of my other concerns. (Removing Infinity and moving a mob spawn where ghasts could get stuck) The shop items and map look good. Overall, it seems interesting and I'm willing to test it on the server. +1

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Comp and Omni

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the map Catco,
I won't reiterate what people have said above, but I like the theme of the map and hopefully it should work well. There may potentially be issues with the swords in the map, although this can easily be changed if need be. The only change I think I made is that I removed the bricks from the shop to prevent people from being able to get out of the map.
Other than that, it should be all imported correctly on the server. Give me a shout if you find any problems with it.
-Accepted

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I finally got the Master Sword and encountered the wither on my own (managed to reach wave 24 before it became statistically impossible to even hope for a win) and have developed my thoughts further:
*If it's possible, completely replace endermen with skeletal horsemen boss
*Upgrade the chain mail to prot 1 iron or prot 2 chain mail with unbreaking 1 or add an option for prot 2 iron to be purchased at a somewhat higher price.
*Add a power 2 bow so that people can hope to deal with the wither
*Increase wave time by about 30 seconds so that people have a chance to enchant

Notes taken that might help to explain these requests:
*Master Sword has excellent synergy with shields because blocking attacks briefly staggers attackers, and that opens large crowds up for powerful sweeping edge attacks.

*After wave 10, it gets very suddenly dangerous because that's when skeletons and zombie pigs spawn. I also noted that strays spawn, and their slowness effect may be a tad op for waves 10-15, especially since it lasts for around half a minute.

*the wither seems to have almost no trouble navigating the map (will occasionally get stuck on a purpur plant, but not for very long). I tried fighting the wither, and I could hardly dent it with just an ordinary bow. I tried hitting the wither with my sword, but that didn't really work because troll AI.

*If the wither is free and directly above you while the usual crowd of monsters is swarming on you, your chances of survival are about -3%.
Players cannot hope to shield in a corner when an angry wither is spew death right over their head.

Status
Not open for further replies.