Iggish

Reaction score
Map name: Ranch
Map Author: Iggish
Game Type: Mob
Map World Border: The quadrilateral sunk into the ground is all the map
Download: /warp ranch on create

Fall Damage: No

Wave Time: 90s (seems long but people can /nextwave)
Shop Locations: 1 inside the house, sign saying shop. 1 outside the house by the stables with sign saying shop
Mob spawn locations: 5 scattered around the outside of the house. Marked with red wool.

Shop Items:
This is to be the shop located inside the house. It will sell all the standard stuff of a shop and with standard prices except the potions and the diamond armour pieces.
This one is to be located at the stables. It will sell different items. It will sell all the normal potions with the normal prices *but with the lingering effect* and a gold apple for 15 gold. It will also sell a horse egg for 30 gold, a saddle for 20, iron and gold horse armour for 30 each and diamond horse armour for 50 gold pieces. Also, it will sell smite books. the prices will be: smite 1: 5 gold, smite 2: 10 gold. smite 3: 15 gold. smite 4: 30. Smite 5: 65. Additionally 2 xp bottles for 1 gold and 2 lapis lazuli for 2 gold. Also a nametag for 15 gold.
End wave: 25
Mobs which can spawn: Zombies, Husks, Zombie Pigmen, Wither Skeletons, Vindicator, Stray, Vex, Evoker

Note: the map contains a few chests / shulker boxes with loot inside them. Also, as the map is called ranch, you are able to buy horses and horse items which along with the open spaces around the map will (hopefull) make some interesting gameplay.

Last edited:
G

Guest35486

Hi Iggy, thanks for the submission!

Compared to the other game modes, mob does have less maps. I believe that this map could work well and introduce new ideas to the game mode while still relating to the theme of the map. However, I have two concerns:

Adding loot to mob maps is an interesting idea, and could make mob a bit more interesting than it currently is. However, some of the chests seem pretty powerful, especially since the players can access them right as they enter this map. For example, I found a Smite II diamond sword in one of the shulker boxes. Perhaps make the sword an iron or even a stone sword since it already has the smite enchantment?

My second concern is the wither boss. The house itself seems big enough for players to fight mobs in, but could easily provide shelter from the wither boss. Since the players don't take fall damage, they could dodge mobs and jump to lower levels just to climb up again. The wither would be stuck outside firing at the player or other mobs.

Iggish

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, I have now nerfed the sword to a smite III wood sword which should be a lot better.
For the camping of the house, maybe it could be made that the wither's projectiles can break blocks? So it can break down the walls of the house which could be really interesting gameplay wise. Otherwise, I could open up the roof in sections enabling the wither to enter. I'm open to other suggestions.

G

Guest35486

Hi Iggy, thanks for making some adjustments!

I am still slightly worried about some of the other chests. Perhaps make them more specific instead? For example, the Sharpness I iron axe could be an axe with Sweeping Edge (or some other enchantment). Having loot in chests is interesting, but making them more unique instead of letting players get gold faster due to a stronger weapon may be a better idea. The lingering Strength II slightly concerns me, but it's not that big of an issue. I kind of see it like the TNT in Wagon Train. Players could use it tactically by choosing the right timing, or they may not.

Wither damage should be fine now, so my other argument is no longer an issue. The map is well made and will provide a new type of mob map for players. I'll give my vote once you reply to the first part of this post.

EDIT: After going through the chests with you, I'll be voting a +1

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: HKCaper and Omni

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the map iggy. I've added the map, but I've also set the wither to be allowed to break the house and the trees surrounding it. I've moved the shop on the upstairs floor of the house to the bottom floor so that it can't become inaccessible. The map is on the server now, so give me a shout if anything is wrong with it.
-Accepted

Reactions: Iggish
Status
Not open for further replies.