Declined [Mob] Ice Ring

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: Ice Ring
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder: self-contained (and if you don't mind, I would like the world border to not be visible from the map).
Download: /warp IceRing
Game Time: 18000
Maximum amount of players: 5
Notes:
*feel free to just remove 1-Shot and/or Ghouliday Spirit if they just seem a bit excessive.
*Player spawn and kit are the blue shulker box on the ice. It's basically a recolor of the Lantern Square kit, but with a little less armor.
*the diamond armor might actually be less suitable for fighting vexes than the chain armor.
Wave time: 70 seconds
Shop Locations: Island
Mob spawn locations: Ender Dragon heads (two on the ice, three on the snow cliffs (two by the cottage))
Shop Items: In the three shulker boxes on the island.
End Wave: after 20
Mobs which can spawn:

Zombies (no husks, they don't match the theme)
Spiders
Strays (it's too cold for regular skeletons)
Wither Skeletons
Vexes
Blazes
Endermen

Screenshots:

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi Catco, thanks for submitting this map,

I'll get straight to the point, while the map can be a kind off fun when you are running around on the ice, there are too many flaws in my eyes. As I said the ice is kinda fun, but there is not really anything more to the map besides running around the ice in circles non stop. This makes the map quite pale. I also feel like this map is too similar to other maps you made like October Woods (but then winter themed). On top of that I find the items too strong, for example sharpVsweepIII diamond sword for only 24 gold, or protIV chain for 16 gold per piece.If you can combine the fact that mobs will be easy to dodge using the speed you can from running on ice, with the strenght of the items, i think the map will be too easy.

Feel free to reply if you disagree with me on any of the points I made, but for now I'm going to give this map a -1

Catcocomics

Reaction score
On top of that I find the items too strong, for example sharpVsweepIII diamond sword for only 24 gold, or protIV chain for 16 gold per piece
I usually do this sort of thing to set place-holder prices because I don't have much of a natural sense for perfect pricing. I'm likely to redo the enchantments anyway, and perhaps some post game mobs (vexes, maybe wither skeles) too, just so strays and blazes can stay relevant.

Zombies (no husks, they don't match the theme)
Spiders
Strays (it's too cold for regular skeletons)
Wither Skeletons
Vexes
Blazes
Endermen
If you can combine the fact that mobs will be easy to dodge using the speed you can from running on ice, with the strenght of the items, i think the map will be too easy.
I believe that zombies, of all the other mobs, will be the only ones this really applies to.
Everyone else either is faster, uses a projectile or just doesn't even touch the ground.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Oh I'm so sorry Catco, this completely slipped my mind with all the events which have been going on and work I've had to do.

I think I mostly agree with what HK said. The map is also a bit smaller than it appears with the side areas not being accessible. A lot of the items are quite overpowered in my opinion, but also like HK said, the ice will probably be a pain to try to fight on. With that and we do have a few maps which are similar, I'm going to have to decline the map.
-Declined