/miniban

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Heres a idea thought up: /miniban!

A miniban is a step down from a ban. When you use /miniban [person] [reason] it will mute them, make it impossible to destroy blocks and cut the amount of blocks down to 25 as a human and 1 as a zombie. It would go into effect for a hour. It would be for Trusted+. Thats all of the idea for now.

Any thoughts?

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Well I don't really see that much use for it. If we wanted to we would mute and freeze them. Plus they would most likely re-log until an actual ban. We also have something in place that bans people for a certain amount of time. (like half an hour) Overall, I don't think that this needs to be added to the server

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like a command that has much application, as pokemon said. Sure, they can't speak, but that can just as easily be accomplished with a mute (And, correct me if I;m wrong, but /mute on zombie is op+, no? This would be effectively giving trusteds the muting power.), and gameplay restrictions don't exactly seem like the right punishment for a bout of rulebreaking anyways.

Wyrer

Rooster
Donor
Reaction score
Last I checked, trusted could mute (so long as it isn't being abused again) but besides that, I don't think this would be very effective, just seems like a more complicated punishment than needed. A mute or a kick is more than sufficient, and ops can always ban the player later if need be.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
We also have /tempban - Which is super effective. Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems like to much coding for the same a command that is more efficient.

The idea of trusted having any type of ban has always met resistance from the HCs.

• Agree
Reactions: ethical1337