Midnight's Second Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightgirl24

You're gonna have a bad time.
Reaction score
In-game username:midnightgirl24

Time-zone: Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00) (Oklahoma)

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? I should be able to spend at least three hours on each weekday except on Monday. I have choral rehearsals. I should be able to spend much more time on during the weekends. If accepted, I will make notes of dates I will be away.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server? Operators have to be able to attend to the people on the server. They must deal with arguments and griefing. They must use their best judgment to stop an issue. They should be friendly to all and helpful at all times. They also need to be able to enforce the rules stated, but they should not enforce too harshly. They cannot be bias in an argument just because they’re friends with one of the two or more in question. They need to know when it is time for fun, and when it is time to get serious. They need to be respectful and show that they are very much capable using the abilities they were given, and not disappoint the people that gave them this chance.

What sets you apart from other applicants? I am a very friendly person and I have been around Rituals for Fire for quite a while. I’m as helpful as I can be. I have watched staff and tried to learn as much as I can from each member. I’m very respectful to everyone and I love helping people out. I want to be able to serve the server I spend the most time on. I’m extremely dedicated and will not intentionally mess up anything. I can deal with some stressful situations when they arise. I am a hard worker, and I know when to get a higher staff member involved if it is something I can’t handle. I can handle the tasks I am given.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? I will admit that I can over think an issue when it isn’t something super big or important. I tend to worry if I’m really helping out or not in a situation. I can be a bit emotional, depending on the situation, but I have been fixing that. I don’t always talk in chat, because most of my talking does come from TeamSpeak. I do sometimes struggle to really help out, but as of lately, I rarely see new players on when I am. It is normally the usual Experts, Masters, and Grandmasters. I have been definitely trying to improve on this.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? I would think of the problem and at first see if there is a possible solution to it. If none seem good, I would ask another staff member for help and advice on the issue. If they didn’t know how to resolve it either, I would ask another staff member of the same or higher rank if they know how to resolve it. I wouldn’t bother a Director unless it is a huge issue, or if no one else knew how to address the problem.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have? I will admit that I have never staffed on any Blocktopia servers. I know I lack the experience, unlike Veteran Operators, but I am very willing to learn how things work. I am determined that I could learn the commands, but I would ask another staff member if I needed help.

References: Kevin_28 and Dessern5

Thanks for taking the time to read this and offering any words of advice, compliments, and such!
~midnightgirl24

Last edited:

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alrighty then.
I did say to you earlier why I couldn't reference you, and I still stand by what I said. I don't feel as though I've seen enough of you to compose a proper opinion of your attitude and the times I have seen you, you haven't particularly stood out for me. (Whether thats my wandering attention span or something else, I don't know.)
I don't see you speak much - yet that may be because of the huge waves of golden names that you could get lost in. For now I'm going with a [BCOLOR=#ffffff]0[/BCOLOR], and will watch you when I see you, (though I have trouble paying attention to something for long periods of time).

Reactions: midnightgirl24

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Alrighty then.
I did say to you earlier why I couldn't reference you, and I still stand by what I said. I don't feel as though I've seen enough of you to compose a proper opinion of your attitude and the times I have seen you, you haven't particularly stood out for me. (Whether thats my wandering attention span or something else, I don't know.)
I don't see you speak much - yet that may be because of the huge waves of golden names that you could get lost in. For now I'm going with a [BCOLOR=#ffffff]0[/BCOLOR], and will watch you when I see you, (though I have trouble paying attention to something for long periods of time).
I do understand, and I appreciate it. I think some reasons also may be because of timezones, but that's just kind of my thought. Thanks for replying though. I'll try to improve on my speaking.

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Everyone starts somewhere. I started here on RoF, after applying 3 times, and successfully got in.

I haven't been able to get ontime due to personal reasons (school included), and therefore haven't been able to see you, or anyone, so 0 from me.
Good luck!
Thanks for your input. c: Like I said, even though I lack experience, I'm very much willing to learn how it all works.

D

DarkHender

I will have to be going with a 0, I don't see you online very much when you are online due to my internet connection during the night. Though when I have seen you, you haven't really stood out to me, but that could also be because of my set back these last few weeks.

Good luck with the rest of your application though. :)

• Thank You

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
0 for now. You're friendly, active, and mature, and you're a fun person in TeamSpeak, but I haven't seen much in the way of you helping people out ingame. I'd say most everything's in your favor, just helping people out needs some work. I'd say at least a trial to see how well you do, and then go from there.

Last edited:
  • Thank You

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Now that forums are back, I can reply! \o/
I will have to be going with a 0, I don't see you online very much when you are online due to my internet connection during the night. Though when I have seen you, you haven't really stood out to me, but that could also be because of my set back these last few weeks.

Good luck with the rest of your application though. :)
Thank you so much Dark. c: I will try to make myself stand out a bit more.

0 for now. You're friendly, active, and mature, but I haven't seen much in the way of you helping people out ingame.
Thank you for your kind words. I will try to help out more.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Alright, I would indeed love to see you as staff. You're really friendly and wonderful to be around, but I'm not quite certain you've been doing as much as you could to help out... But like you said, there aren't too many new players logging on. For now, I'll stick with a 0 but I'll make sure to watch the chat to see how you interact with players.

• Thank You

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Alright, I would indeed love to see you as staff. You're really friendly and wonderful to be around, but I'm not quite certain you've been doing as much as you could to help out... But like you said, there aren't too many new players logging on. For now, I'll stick with a 0 but I'll make sure to watch the chat to see how you interact with players.
Thanks Caff. I appreciate those kind words. As you said, not many have been on, but when they are, I try to help out as much as I can. c:

(EDIT: Just fixed this a bit since I typed this on my phone.)

Last edited:

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
It seems that the vast majority of issues with this so far is them not seeing you really or not helping out in game. I did agree to reference you though. Your helping out is a unique way more so, you will find things that need a staffer on, and from when I watch in IRC you will normally ask them at least once to stop whatever they were doing. If they don't listen then you will ask a staffer to intervene. You are very active in places where we don't always see staff, such as ts.

Aside from this though, I have noticed that if you get mad at a player you tend to 'rant' for lack of better words on ts. This I don't particurally like, if not at all. Try and improve on that in the future.

With all things considered though, I am going to give you a +1

• Thank You

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
It seems that the vast majority of issues with this so far is them not seeing you really or not helping out in game. I did agree to reference you though. Your helping out is a unique way more so, you will find things that need a staffer on, and from when I watch in IRC you will normally ask them at least once to stop whatever they were doing. If they don't listen then you will ask a staffer to intervene. You are very active in places where we don't always see staff, such as ts.

Aside from this though, I have noticed that if you get mad at a player you tend to 'rant' for lack of better words on ts. This I don't particurally like, if not at all. Try and improve on that in the future.

With all things considered though, I am going to give you a +1
Thank you for referencing me Dess. I'll admit, I can tend to rant a bit. I don't know if it's because of stress lately or just something else. (I'm only saying stress because of some school issues. This is a big month for me.) I really don't mean on doing it, and I apologize for it. I will definitely stop with that and improve. I'm not trying to make excuses. I will own up to my actions. I sincerely apologize for it.

(EDIT: I'm now on my computer and I have corrected the reply.)

Last edited:

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hi Middy,

I have to agree with Dess a bit. I do see you helping out and you are an awesome player to be around. Though I will restate what I said in my previous posting on your app. Being an operator is a huge responsibility and it requires a lot of patience. I know even for me, being as experienced and easy going as I am, I still fall short of that. Being a staff member requires a thick skin and level headedness through some very stressful situations. I feel that you do have the ability, in you, to be these things and I certainly think that it's worth putting you on an op trial to see how you do. +1
(Too lazy to do those crazy color things)

Sincerely,
Kevin_28 (The Rocketeer)

• Thank You

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Hi Middy,

I have to agree with Dess a bit. I do see you helping out and you are an awesome player to be around. Though I will restate what I said in my previous posting on your app. Being an operator is a huge responsibility and it requires a lot of patience. I know even for me, being as experienced and easy going as I am, I still fall short of that. Being a staff member requires a thick skin and level headedness through some very stressful situations. I feel that you do have the ability, in you, to be these things and I certainly think that it's worth putting you on an op trial to see how you do. +1
(Too lazy to do those crazy color things)

Sincerely,
Kevin_28 (The Rocketeer)
Thank you Kevin, for both times you referenced me. (You lazy dork about those colors you c: ) I feel like I'm capable of performing what is asked of me as best as I can. I know I can get a bit irritated. (Like I said earlier too, March is a big month for me, so it's a little stressful at the moment >3< Once March is over I won't be dealing with a ton of choir practices.) I really don't mean to get irritated at all. That never is my intention. But Thank you for saying those nice words at the end. c:

Last edited:

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
I think majority of the points have already been said. I sometimes see you a lot on the server and then sometimes never. This is mostly because of timezones, however when I do see you on the server I don't see you standing out of the crowd for me. I would like to see you being helpful more and helping new players on the server.

+0 for now, this may change if I see you improve!

• Thank You

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
I think majority of the points have already been said. I sometimes see you a lot on the server and then sometimes never. This is mostly because of timezones, however when I do see you on the server I don't see you standing out of the crowd for me. I would like to see you being helpful more and helping new players on the server.

+0 for now, this may change if I see you improve!
Thanks for your input. I will improve. (And with me being out for spring break this week, you may actually see me :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.