Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
Name of map : Hunger Games Arena
Creator(s) : solis22 and ansoro2112
Dimensions : 64x64x64
Round Time : 10 minutes standard
Diggable depth of the map :64
Physics : off standard. AND I will like it to be OP AIRED.
Which server did you build your map on? : Caznowl Freebuild
Number of secrets : No secrets.
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?4effiei78f61bqj
Description of map. : Hunger Games Arena. A map in which you have to survive. Its divived in half. The top part and the bottom part. The top part consists of the Cornucopia, the divisions of each District and were all the action will take place. You can spleef your enemy in order for them to fall to the bottom part which is a big water cave. The cave has 4 islands and paths so you can get out of there and quickly go to top again. Its excited and will keep you entertained. Try to survive. (This map will be in the Competition too).
Screenshots of map :

• Winner
Reactions: Ansoro2112

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see the map in person. It is a very good map and I would enjoy playing it :). Seems very exiting. Nice build! (You can see me talking in one of the screenies!!!!! XD)

Hahaha00000

Reaction score
I would say that the layout is well constructed.
And I have no comments on the map's theme. I personally don't want a hunger games map because it would be dull, but the content of your map is still good enough to be a ZS map.
However I can see the problem which lies underground. Isn't it a little bit empty ? And why an underground room with islands ?
I think the content of your map can be more enhanced by adding features that actually relate to Hunger Games, which I can't think of myself. xD

Edit : Also I think 10 minutes is too long for a map like this which is 64^3 big and is mostly empty with no hiding spaces and limited running area.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
The map feels very empty. The top part is flat with one moderately sized building (the cornucopia) and four trees, and the bottom is really just a flat jump course. Maybe you could improve it by adding more things into the map that would change the gameplay while still relating to the topic?

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I looked at the map. It seems small and flat on the top and the bottom is just a jump course. My suggestion add more layers and add terrain to the top tall trees and hills. Hope this help.
-Hockeyfan1852

Dio4344

Reaction score
Wow, I was a big fan of the hunger games And if this gets through I can't wait to play, But ive would of named it Zombie Games but I like Hunger games too :)

• Winner
Reactions: Solis22

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Oh, how do you make maps?
You make maps by going to a map making server, such as Scottish Kilt Map Build, or any kind of "Map Factory server." Then create a map, get the .lvl, and submit here.
------------------------------------------------
Anyways, the map is extremely empty.
Due to this emptiness, the map feels like it would suit better as a Lobby Map instead of an actual map, as Humans would most likely die within 2-3 minutes, as zombies can easily block off the ways out of the watery pit below, there really isn't any places to hide, and the general map size hinders the map a bit.

The Hunger games amassed over an extremely large area, where it was quite easy to move across the arena without meeting an opponent, at least until the Game-makers put you back in the directions of the other tributes.
Make the map bigger. A large, 128x128x128, fully furnished with lakes, streams, forests, the cornucopia, etc landmarks, and tearing down the adminium wall, would greatly increase the survivability, increase the looks of the map, and generally balance out the map better then it currently is.
So-- basically just restart the whole map.

However, I don't feel the Hunger Games is an especially great topic in order to build a map on!
Think about it: large tracks of forests, an occasional stream, some hills, and the cornucopia itself. There really is not much that will make the gameplay especially exciting.
I suggest you don't do the Arena as a location of the map. Pick something that will most likely add more to the gameplay, such as a large envisioning of the Capitol, perhaps one of the districts, or etc,
As the arena--- Really isn't that exciting for a map's location.\

Just my 2 cents on the map.

hrjyuuyt12

Reaction score
Alright. Looks like this is gonna be a great map. Can't wait to play it! But the more suggestions I hear... the more I think this map has potential. Like we can add something we are just not seeing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.