Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Name: Nosight

Creator(s): AngelWV

Lvl. File: Marn is getting me it :D​

Screenshots:

Final Notes:
Now I know what you're all thinking, Oh no not another "No-" map, But It has No water, No lava, You can't build.. . It's all Tree saplings so that you absolutely cannot see, And It's dark so It'll make it more thrilling to hide in a massive Corn (Tree sappling) field!
I was wondering if the map could be Perbuild Op so that no-one can build? If so, then thanks :D

Can be tested at [Safaree] Build at /g Nosight
No Physics.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I predict that the humans will lose quickly, as zombies are busy little workers when it comes to griefing.
But it's worth a shot.
No no, They can't break any blocks as it would (Hopefully) be Perbuild op, meaning no-one can build ;)

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
This will probably lag quite a lot.
I was thinking that while making it, But earlier there was 8 people in map, I was runing 40 fps with no fog so I mean, It can't be that bad.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Hmm. I could see a map like this working well, if more incentive was added to reach a certain destination. Maybe an extended jump course over the sea of saplings? Then, if you fell, you'd be dead ;)

Also, the saplings should stay ungriefable.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hmm. I could see a map like this working well, if more incentive was added to reach a certain destination. Maybe an extended jump course over the sea of saplings? Then, if you fell, you'd be dead ;)

Also, the saplings should stay ungriefable.
Ok, I'll make a really long jump course ;)

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm making a new map, And if it works.. It'll be a completely new theme and if allowed by Damer, Should be epic.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
There should be a secret there under one of the saplings hidden with a cobblestone block. I really like the map, but I guess zombies will win in it quite easily. Anyways I want to try it out!

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
There should be a secret there under one of the saplings hidden with a cobblestone block. I really like the map, but I guess zombies will win in it quite easily. Anyways I want to try it out!
People have survived on far worse "Zombie favourite" maps, + Bluehoneydew has survived on Nobuild128 so not always ;)

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
This actually is a good idea if we can get it to be a nobuild/destroy map, now, the issue in question is how bad would lag be, I shall test this, as I have one of the worst computers for FPS lag in my opinion!

*prances off to safaree build*
OK BACK
I experienced no lag at all, was running a solid 30 FPS constantly, which is average for my computer, should be no different than a lot of our maps and I don't think most people will have an issue with FPS lag.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
YES, and NO.
FPS, I will completely leave out of this for now.

This is a good idea, and at most deserves a test.
Adding it right away I feel would be a bit hasty.

Now, to what Chilling said, I would add something above so if you fell, it would start the surviving on that part of the map.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
YES, and NO.
FPS, I will completely leave out of this for now.

This is a good idea, and at most deserves a test.
Adding it right away I feel would be a bit hasty.

Now, to what Chilling said, I would add something above so if you fell, it would start the surviving on that part of the map.
I made the jump course ontop of the blind field, I know FPS could be an issue which is why I was thinkinking, What if it was a Maze filled with this?, Not a hard maze ofcourse as it's hard enough as it is.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
I tried to add a map like this previously, and it caused half the server to complain of massive FPS drops.
This. On paper, it's a great idea, in practice is where it falls apart. Avant and I went to a map(it's a long story that would detract from the main point, so I'll keep it brief) that the top 5 or 6 blocks of the entire map was composed of brown_shrooms, and it lagged so much it crashed the server, even with only 2 people on the map. That being said, I do feel it deserves a test, at least, to see how much lag is actually generated.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Well It's up to you Damer, If others think It should go for a test then sure, But if it causes too much lag (I hate it when maps give me 2 fps tops) then by all means remove it :p

HadesHunter

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it should be tested. The Pros and Cons do kind of even out, so I think that if a few players from the server tested it, then their opinions could be the decision. (Random players, maybe a couple with lag-tastic comps)

Reactions: Friendy