Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score

Name of the map: Pixels
Creator(s): rawrmynameisrex
Size: 86x66x50
Biome: No idea. Forest? Plains? Jungle?
Screenshots, including timer areas: http://imgur.com/a/qZDxS
If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): There are five chests--The photos of the items are at the end of the screenshot link
Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: No
Any extra information about your map?: I got tired of making natural looking maps so I started playing with the Square Voxel Brushes for VoxelSniper and came up with this. It's actually reminiscent of my Quarks map (I've heard stories about how players don't really like that map because of the lava) So yeah, square platforms with a bunch of basic/random things on them. The natural light source is limited in this map since the majority of the ceiling is covered. Overall, I think that the map is a bit unconventional, so I'd really like to hear your opinions on what's good or not.
Buildbox Warp: It's in my map plot (/warp rawr) -- Use the Night Vision Potion if you're having trouble seeing things in the map.

H

Harold1995

Somehow this reminds me of Quarks haha,
It's a really nice concept and a weirds kind of way to put a map, i like it.

brownlee123

Reaction score
I like it.
Like Quarks, it has those platform-ish things, but this time, there's so much...more.
The first thing I noticed when I looked through this map was how resource-heavy it is. And that's a good thing. Most RoF maps have too little or an ok-ish amount of resources, but when people play this one, they'll be like, "Aww yissss imma get 2 restock on mah resorses!" and it'll rock.
I did see that the water comes out the bottom. If you fall into the water, I saw there are places to climb back up onto a platform, but would it be possible to escape from the whole map through those little outlets?

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

crafter

Reaction score
The concept is a bit skyblock-y, but I actually think you executed this very nicely. I'd enjoy playing it :)
Edit: Is there a dungeon "pixle"? Please say yes

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I did see that the water comes out the bottom. If you fall into the water, I saw there are places to climb back up onto a platform, but would it be possible to escape from the whole map through those little outlets?
The water falling out of the outlets under the map are meant to go into the void. As for the other outlets, those are meant to be for light sources, not escape routes.

Edit: Is there a dungeon "pixle"? Please say yes

Hm, that sounds like a good idea-- unfortunately there isn't one.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I think it looks nice, but just saying, thosearen'tpixels, you should call it 16x16Pixels if you wanna call it pixels since here at blocktopia we have EXACT names.

W

Wimali

I honestly think this map looks ugly, but it's one of the best RoF maps I've seen in a while.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I see Pixels as an improved concept of Quarks. You've solved many of the complaints of lava being too surrounding, and I think you better accomplish your goal of twisting the natural world with this map. I'm in favor of it joining the rotation!

Status
Not open for further replies.