[Map] On the Hunt (Plutonia Experiment inspired map)

Does anything need to be improved on this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTX1996

Reaction score
Name of the map: On the Hunt
Based upon this level right here!

Creator(s): MTX1996
Size: 151 Width, 260 Length, 26 High
Biome: Nether

Screenshots are included below.

If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): wheat, sticks, logs, planks, feathers, seeds, food, flint, leather, charcoal, tools.

Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: no-break blocks would be sandstone, bedrock (of course) iron bars, and soul sand. No-drop for blocks would be glowstone and mob heads.

Any extra information about your map?: This map may be harder for newer players, since there is little wood and many hostile mobs lurking around. The timer will be set to 10:00, and after that amount of time, lava will flood the map (there is only one spawner, and that's at the end of the map.) Ores will generate as normal underground.

This is also a first attempt at an adventure-lava survival type map combo.

Download link (optional): if some people like this map, then maybe. If an admin likes this map, then I will! UPDATE - meh, whatever.

ANOTHER UPDATE - now the map is in v2.0!
http://www.mediafire.com/?1lzp3mcv3xheb05

Screenshots of On the Hunt

The starting area (sandstone temple)

One of the big rooms, containing the only oak tree on the map.

The other temple (mossy temple)

The first person to get to the end temple will win the prize.

Chests containing other goodies players can find around the maze.

MTX1996

Reaction score
The idea is a definite yes.

This being said, we'll need a lot more resources such as trees and stone if you want this to get accepted. Perhaps you could make some of the walls our of wood or stone, that'd make thing interesting indeed.
Thanks! I'm glad you like the idea of it. It, without a doubt, changes how lava survival is played... or at least, I thought so.

Anyway, I might be able to add more breakable walls, as well as add more trees for getting wood (maybe I will even add roots for the trees.) The problem is, I think the maze might be too small and needs to be enlarged a little, so I can add more trees and breakable walls, maybe even pits and other kinds of obstacles.

Enlarging the amount of stone there is under the map will be no problem, so expect that in the next release of my map! I also understand that you want the lava at the bottom of the map to be removed, so I will do that as well.

I'm trying not to make it too big, so will the max size of 200x200 be good for the maze, or smaller, such as 150x150?

brownlee123

Reaction score
I don't want to say I has this idea first but...
I TOTALLY HAD THIS IDEA FIRST!
Anyway, now I realize I probably couldn't have pulled it off as good as you did. This map, and this is just from looking at the pictures, looks 100% awesome. I would totally vote for this over any other map (except for Waterfall Village), and I seriously want this to get accepted, just so I can play it and get to know it's new style.

[EDIT] I just downloaded...WOW. I love how the trees and sand are placed together, and I didn't even catch on to the fact that you could mine through the stone where it was on the wall This map was AWESOME.

MTX1996

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for giving me your opinion on this map! I'm glad a lot of you like it! I also had plans for another map called "wormhole" but this time, it's a level based off of a map from Final Doom's "TNT Evilution."

Anyway, I'm working on the map as I type this. Although, my friend rball99 has recently also gotten me hooked onto the Pixelmon mod, so I may procrastinate a bit, haha.

MTX1996

Reaction score
I highly dislike the bedrock walls to the maze, it can build 2 walls of a house that would survive any round.
Hmm, good point... I was working on a second version of this map. It's going to be a lot bigger, more big rooms to build, and I might change the walls as well. Maybe I will make 'em wood so that they'll melt, no matter the difficulty.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I highly dislike the bedrock walls to the maze, it can build 2 walls of a house that would survive any round.
Hmm, good point... I was working on a second version of this map. It's going to be a lot bigger, more big rooms to build, and I might change the walls as well. Maybe I will make 'em wood so that they'll melt, no matter the difficulty.
That seems much better. The bad thing about maze maps, to make them not go through the walls it has to be bedrock, but you need to make them have at least something to do.

W

Wimali

Why per se bedrock? You could just use certain blocks and make them no-drop, right?
Also easy fix for the maze premade house thing, fill it with tripwire & make that nodrop!

dirtcake

(Former) Rituals of Fire Developer
Reaction score
Accepted! We're going to change the bedrock to a block that melts on calm and make it nobreak/noplace so that the walls aren't so over-powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.