[Map] Kingdom (13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

HELLO ANYONE WITH TITLE CHANGING PERMISSIONS THE NUMBER IN THE TITLE IS SUPPOSED TO BE 15 NOT 14 PLEASE FIX IT OKAY THANK YOU

Map name:
Kingdom

Creators: bram13, supermegacheater, s200501048

Size: 128x128

Biome: Plains

Content chests: Some charcoal, some fish, nothing really special.

Story: Right. So there used to be this one race of dwarves, riiiight? Right. Those dwarves were different from most dwarves: They decided to build above ground. And they made this cute little village thing, calling it a "kingdom". It was quite advanced for its time actually, as they were building with stone, while most humans still built with wood. But then some random peeps decided to invade it, destroying most of the kingdom. They rebuilt a few houses and started working on renovating some of the watchtowers and actually built a whole new and advanced region for the rich peeps (while just rushing like two buildings for the poor guys) and then just... kind of died. No one knows what happened to them. The kingdom used to have a lot of traps built by dwarves, but most of them have been dismantled by the humans. There are still a few left however.

Screenshots:

An overview of the map. As you can see the three watchtowers used to be on only one side of the kingdom, this was because at the other side of the kingdom there are mountains(which aren't being showed on the map because it's only a fragment of the world the kingdom is located in). The kingdom is also surrounded by water, which was really handy for defense. There used to be a bridge, but it just disappeared with the years.

One of the watch towers that had been rebuilt, but never really finished as the humans just dissapeared.

Another tower that (most likely) had been almost rebuilt, but then collapsed.

The "rich-guys'-region". As you can see this part is far more developed than any other sections of the city, even having some stone bricks, which famously take hundreds of years to even have a little hole in them.

A look inside the walls surrounding the kingdom. These were built by the dwarves.

One of the only few buildings the humans decided to rebuild. You can clearly see how they just built from the ruins of dwarven buildings.

The spawn of the map. It is rumoured that this was built even before the dwarves came, being part of a series of magician's towers spread across the globe. Although it's very ancient, this building has survived for thousands of years and even outlived the dwarves and elves.
Timers

The first timer is located close to the third, collapsed watchtower. It should flood 9 minutes into the game.

The second timer is opposite the first one, releasing lava at 16 minutes.

A little higher is the third timer, which floods at 23 minutes.

Way above that one you have the fourth and last one, releasing at 29 minutes. Build limit should be like 2 blocks under it.

I realize it takes quite some time before the map gets really flooded. I just wanted to give the players as more time to explore the map.
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7c13d7wlvekv9ae

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score

Moving right along, I rather like this map. I can understand wanting people to slow down and explore the map, as I'm aware it's no easy task to build a good map. All things considered, I'd vote +1 on this map submission, but I'm just a little on-the-fence, so I'm going to keep it at 0 until I see other staff's votes. Good luck!

dirtcake

(Former) Rituals of Fire Developer
Reaction score
We're going to deny this one. There are too many maps already in rotation that have the same theme: grass, stone, maybe a mountain or hill, and some prebuilt structures.

Reactions: SparklyMuffinz
Status
Not open for further replies.