Map In Progress - CityScape [Photos]

JP_

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm working on a new map right now that's urban city themed. It's still in the beginning stages, I plan on adding gardens, a lot more buildings, fountains, maybe a river, secret locations, and simple designs here and there.

Let me know what you think, if you have any suggestions throw them out there. Please remember that this is in the beginning stages and my first map (don't be too harsh on me ;))

Photos:

Day One:

Day Two:

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Ah.. I liek eet. How tall are the buildings and what server are you buildings this on? I would like to see :3

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It looks too much like zombie city imo
The size of the buildings aren't massive, And like says in the title "Map in progress" It means he isn't done so it may be just that. And it looks nothing like Zombie city :giggle:

Summer10

Reaction score
The size of the buildings aren't massive, And like says in the title "Map in progress" It means he isn't done so it may be just that. And it looks nothing like Zombie city :giggle:
first, i said "imo" which means in my opinion and I might not have the same opinion as you
It's a city with square buildings and flat streets.. that makes me think it's too much like zombiecity

Reactions: Friendy

JP_

Reaction score
first, i said "imo" which means in my opinion and I might not have the same opinion as you
It's a city with square buildings and flat streets.. that makes me think it's too much like zombiecity
Thanks for the feedback, as I said I'm still in the progress of building it so I'll try and change it up a bit if you think it looks too much like Zombie City.

Ah.. I liek eet. How tall are the buildings and what server are you buildings this on? I would like to see :3
I'm building it in a custom world, unfortunately it won't be available to play on until it's done.

L

Later_Gator

Looks good so far. I know you said work in progress, but it needs a lot more detail. And maybe instead of just making the buildings boring rectangles, try to make them less rectangular? Like maybe one of them formed like a skyscraper?

JP_

Reaction score
Looks good so far. I know you said work in progress, but it needs a lot more detail. And maybe instead of just making the buildings boring rectangles, try to make them less rectangular? Like maybe one of them formed like a skyscraper?
Thanks for the feedback, I'm working on detail at the moment (adding trees, grass, decorating the buildings, obstacles, etc.) and I'll definitely work on the designs of the buildings. Thanks again.

Here's some more progress photos, ignore the random white dots:

JP_

Reaction score
Thanks guys, do you like the idea of having the extra ledges on the wall where people can escape to or should I keep it strictly city survival?

Summer10

Reaction score
Thanks guys, do you like the idea of having the extra ledges on the wall where people can escape to or should I keep it strictly city survival?
Well you can have windowledges, flagpoles, gargoyles etc for realistic ledges
also, can you please turn off your texture pack next time you take the pics? :S

JP_

Reaction score
Yeah for sure. I'll add some flagpoles and ledges, gargoyles are a bit out of my league.