[Map] Hill-side savanna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Name of the map: Hill-side savanna
Warp: /warp hillsidesavanna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
Creator(s): roboboy777, manboy777, chaoticdarkninja, CookieCat708, cats49962.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Size: 94x100
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biome: Plains/Hills
Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) : http://imgur.com/a/wob0Q
If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Stone and sticks.
Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: Nothing.
Any extra information about your map?: Hill-side savanna also includes not only a savanna, but a nice peaceful birch forest spanning across the hill side. There is a small cave entrance, leading into a small, dim, cave were at the end is a small hot pool of lava.
Download link (optional): Sorry, no link here :/
Thanks for everything you guys have done, thanks for making such an awesome server that i can play on and have lots of fun. We all had lot of fun making this map for Rof, and we hope everyone has fun playing on it! :) -Robo
P.S. I want to give a BIG thanks to all the people that helped me with this project (mainly the main terraformer: chaoticdarkninja), and if you guys are seeing this, than all i want to say is: I could not have done it without you. :)

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Ooo its nice to see new/not known widely players making maps!
Good luck!

As for map its nice idea, but ask someone to change biome to savanna if you can't do that.
Lol, i just found out i could change the biome. :)
mmk, then post pictures after you change biome to savanna ;)

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like this is like any other plains map, though with the biome change that might help. Also, I do like the use of the savannah trees, which haven't been used too widely in maps yet! Good work, try to stray off the 'slightly hilly ground with a little house' theme which is seen a lot, but other then that it's nice. c:

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
I feel like this is like any other plains map, though with the biome change that might help. Also, I do like the use of the savannah trees, which haven't been used too widely in maps yet! Good work, try to stray off the 'slightly hilly ground with a little house' theme which is seen a lot, but other then that it's nice. c:
Thanks alot. And btw i DID cahange the biome. :) just incase you're wondering.

W

Wimali

Alright, so I just had a look at it on Buildbox and would almost like to see it added to RoF.

It's not very original. Your basic plains map with a few structures and maybe a small pond. The caves are full of WE spheres and although I'd like to have a map with the new trees, I feel like it isn't enough on its own to get this map accepted. The mineshaft is a pre-made house (consider putting (a) timer(s) in it?) and apart from the new trees it doesn't have a lot to offer. Grassmaps have been overdone and aren't really fun anymore.

I feel like a Savannah-themed map is definitely needed on RoF, though. This one just isn't good enough. Consider adding something unique to it and making the caves better? In its current state I don't think this map is good enough, but with a few additions and improvements here and there I'd be totally up for having it added to RoF.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
This map shows a lot of potential! You're certainly taking some good steps away from the generic plains maps, such as the mineshaft and the inclusion of several different woods. These are good ways to step out of the box, but don't be afraid to be more experimental! Innovation makes excellent maps, and if you're willing to take some chances it pays off in the long run. I think you'd do well to diversify the terrain and perhaps expand the houses you've built.

This map isn't quite up to snuff, at least not yet. However, if you're willing to do the leg work, it could certainly join the lineup!

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
This map shows a lot of potential! You're certainly taking some good steps away from the generic plains maps, such as the mineshaft and the inclusion of several different woods. These are good ways to step out of the box, but don't be afraid to be more experimental! Innovation makes excellent maps, and if you're willing to take some chances it pays off in the long run. I think you'd do well to diversify the terrain and perhaps expand the houses you've built.

This map isn't quite up to snuff, at least not yet. However, if you're willing to do the leg work, it could certainly join the lineup!
Thank you all for telling me what i should do and work on. It really helps. Plus, i get to work on making the houses bigger, making the cave bigger; This map will be great. :D

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
From first impression at looking at this map on Buildbox, it a very beautiful designed map, I almost thought it was a part of the actual minecraft biome generator, most of the downfall points are already stated by biblius so there will be no need of me listing them. This map does have great potential and I cannot wait until you've updated it!

manboy777

Reaction score
Alright, so I just had a look at it on Buildbox and would almost like to see it added to RoF.

It's not very original. Your basic plains map with a few structures and maybe a small pond. The caves are full of WE spheres and although I'd like to have a map with the new trees, I feel like it isn't enough on its own to get this map accepted. The mineshaft is a pre-made house (consider putting (a) timer(s) in it?) and apart from the new trees it doesn't have a lot to offer. Grassmaps have been overdone and aren't really fun anymore.

I feel like a Savannah-themed map is definitely needed on RoF, though. This one just isn't good enough. Consider adding something unique to it and making the caves better? In its current state I don't think this map is good enough, but with a few additions and improvements here and there I'd be totally up for having it added to RoF.
Updated the mineshaft there are now 4 timers and I changed up the cave system up so it was much less obvious http://imgur.com/a/fpAIG There is the album of pictures (Btw I build both :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.