[Map] Fungi Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamzies

Reaction score
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Fungi Forest[/BCOLOR]

Name of the map: Fungi Forest
Creator(s): Tamzies
Size: 102x114, Because square is old fashioned.
Biome: Plains and Forest
Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) :
They are just in a straight line on this spot

If you want to see the map, I suggest you feel the fairytale magic yourself. You can find this map by using /mvtp plots and then you can use the warp FungiForest.
If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional):
There are no chests in this map.
Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?:
The items frames with glowstone and all the heads that are apples.
Any extra information about your map?:
The name is from the game Donkey Kong 64, this map is inspired by it. If you want the whole experience listen to the theme on Youtube.
Download link (optional):

This is a YouTube link to the Donkey Kong 64 song:

Last edited:

Tamzies

Reaction score
You lazy add screenshots! :p
No the purpose of giving warp to the map is that you get the whole experience of the map. You need to see the map as a whole to see if this is something that you would like. If you see screenscots you will just think: ''Yes, it is nice.'', but especially with this kind of map it is important that you can see the whole thing for yourself, explore and see if this is something that you would like.

And yes, secrelty I am lazy and I cant stand to use Default for more then 3 seconds. :s

Reactions: FrenchSanta12
W

Wimali

Here's an album with a few screenshots. They're pretty bad and don't cover everything, but you should just check out the map itself before posting what you think about it anyway. Judging a map by its screenshots is almost never a good thing to do.

Anyway, I... don't actually think this map is currently good enough for RoF. Here's why:

• The random peaches everywhere. Although I definitely like the fact that you used custom player heads, I just don't get why you used them. Why are they randomly spread throughout the map? Why are they peaches? I just feel like they're there for the sake of having "microblocks".
  • The random stone brick. It looks very ugly to me. I've got the feeling you probably implemente this last-minute so there'd be a source of stone bricks. And although I think a source of stone bricks is essential in every map, this just looks ugly and rushed to me. (visible in the fourth screenshot)
  • The grassy areas look pretty plain and boring to me. A good example of this is in the fourth screenshot. I feel like they could use some more trees, tall grass, flowers etc. to bring a little more life to the map. Then again, they shouldn't be overused!
Apart from this I think it's actually a fairly decent map and would love to play it. Do what you want with my criticism, just a few things that jumped into my eye!

Tamzies

Reaction score
Here's an album with a few screenshots. They're pretty bad and don't cover everything, but you should just check out the map itself before posting what you think about it anyway. Judging a map by its screenshots is almost never a good thing to do.

Anyway, I... don't actually think this map is currently good enough for RoF. Here's why:

• The random peaches everywhere. Although I definitely like the fact that you used custom player heads, I just don't get why you used them. Why are they randomly spread throughout the map? Why are they peaches? I just feel like they're there for the sake of having "microblocks".
  • The random stone brick. It looks very ugly to me. I've got the feeling you probably implemente this last-minute so there'd be a source of stone bricks. And although I think a source of stone bricks is essential in every map, this just looks ugly and rushed to me. (visible in the fourth screenshot)
  • The grassy areas look pretty plain and boring to me. A good example of this is in the fourth screenshot. I feel like they could use some more trees, tall grass, flowers etc. to bring a little more life to the map. Then again, they shouldn't be overused!
Apart from this I think it's actually a fairly decent map and would love to play it. Do what you want with my criticism, just a few things that jumped into my eye!
Thanks for making the album though! Well, first off the ''Peaches'', they are apples and they are around to just give more of the feel of the map. I also placed them on the trees and so.

The random stonebrick yeah, Harold made that into my map, and I did not want to delete it. :') Only dirt seems to boring. :')

Yeah, I wanted a area where people could easily build since every place on this map has either a giant tree or a mushroom on it. Flowers I can do, Will add them later. Thanks for the feedback. :-)

Tamzies

Reaction score
I could not change my post or post something else, but I changed everything Bram said. So check the map again, it looks better now. I changed it like 2 weeks ago? So use the warp xD

Status
Not open for further replies.