Map Design

What kind of map/implementations would you like to see in new zombie maps?

• Total voters

Tuna

Reaction score
So I just want to hear some opinion and feedback on our maps. Perhaps this should go under map suggestions, but I figure it will be seen by a larger percentage of the playerbase here, since on the forums we tend to only hear the views of players who are 'decent' or skilled at zombie survival.

My question is this: with some of the gameplay mechanics of zombie survival being tweaked or modified (eg. 50 blocks, introduction of physics maps etc.), what kind of changes would you as a community like to see in maps? Or would you prefer them to stay as they are now? Do you think maps are fair, in that its a toss up between who will win, zombies or humans, and is that a result of the "type" of map, the size, physics, or a combination of all or none of the above? Do you think any maps are overplayed or really popular, and why?

Hopefully any map makers out there can use this information to better cater their maps to the communities wants, and the server admins can get feedback on the tweaks that have been changed recently in gameplay mechanics on zombie survival. Also, it will be interesting to know why some people prefer one map type over another ^^.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Maps that incorporate all the elements are definately my favorite.
That way players that prefer a certain playstyle will be satisfyed.
(I mostly ref now, so don't count me as one of the 'skilled' players.)

TheRedShark

。◕‿◕。
Reaction score
I'm satisfied with any map kind to be honest, except the ''Larger, hiding friendly maps''. They seem a bit boring to me (as a runner). I'd rather choose running maps, they're fun.
I'm not so sure about the rotation right now, i haven't seen all maps yet but i remember there have been a time with very large maps where humans won all the time on, such kind of maps are a bit unfair towards zombies and makes it quite boring for them imo.

ZariatN2

Reaction score
Anything that involves constant checking for jumping zombies (asylum, ripoff, runrunrun), spleef, a moderately safe roof which can be retreated to during long runs (360, asylum, arco, blueland, pokemonstadium), wall jumping/3 block high pathes on walls to jump into, quick block placement (futurecity, yellowland, gardengrid) and anything dodgy without being too flat. Generally, most maps that aren't too big (blockfactory, attackatknight) and that I haven't played a million times (also dull and monotonous atmosphere) or which are pro-zombie (thebridge, gamecube, and a lot of the older maps).

Not so elaborated post, because it's not July anymore. : (

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
I'm trying to implement all elements in the maps I'm making. It's harder than you think. Not to big, not to many hidding places, keep some running area free. Oh well, I guess it'll work out.