[Map] Desert Hills (PARKOUR) (12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

Map name: Desert Hills (yay creativeness)

Creator: bram13 (Hey! That's me! :O)

Size: 128x128. However, at y 40 there's a bedrock layer thingy which is three blocks deep or so cuz theres some stuff under that level. Max build limit should be a few blocks under the last timer.

Biome: Desert.

Screenshots:

An overview of the map, as seen standing on the last timer.

A random house thingy in the middle of the map. Let's have a look at the inside, shall we?

This is the content of a chest in this house. For now, at least. If my randomized chests suggested would be accepted/implemented, here's what the chests should look like:

All slots that are currently holding sticks should have a 34% chance of being 1-3 sticks, a 33% chance of being 1-3 spruce logs and a 33% chance of being 1-2 bread.

The apple in the middle? That one should have an 90% chance of being a red apple, and a 10% chance of being an unenchanted golden apple.

As there aren't really any animals in the desert, I've put three of these animal pens in the map. One for cows, one for pigs and one for sheep. Green sheep.

And that's the map. yay!
Oh, wait. There's still something I need to show you.

Yeah, I've included a parkour area in my map. It consists of two rooms, and both have timers, just to add a little time-limit. Makes it more fun, right? However, there's a few things that need to be done in order for this to work:

- Players will not get cookies under y 40.
- Players will not be able to use potions in the entire map.
- Players will not be able to destroy/place blocks under y 40.
- Players will not be able to use enderpearls under y 40.

If any of those aren't possible, just get rid of the parkour room.
At the end of the parkour there's a safe-room, because I feel like the player deserves a pre-made house, as the parkour is actually quite hard and the player can very easily die trying to do it. Wait, let's look at some pictures:

First parkour room. The timer in this room (you should easily be able to see it, it's bedrock with some red wool) should go off with the second 'real' timer in the actual map, at 10 minutes into the game.

Second parkour room. This one is deadly. Also, see that box kind of thing right above the entrance of it with a red wool (or stained clay, whatever) in it? That's the timer, which should go off at 20 minutes. Also, there's chests in there, giving rewards. Right now, they're okay. The double chest at the entrance of the map, for example, contains 8 charcoal right now. Which is nice. However, would my suggestion get accepted, I would like the chest to have a 60% chance of containing 8 charcoal, a 30% chance of containing 1 iron and a 10% chance of containing 2 ron.

The chest in the room with the wood as floor and with the stone bricks parkour to it currently has one iron ingot in it, however, if my suggestion would get accepted, it should have a 30% chance of containing 8 charcoal, a 60% chance of containing 1 iron, a 5% chance of containing 2 iron and a 5% chance of containing 3 iron.

Then you've got one more chest in the other 'reward room' (the one with the iron bars parkour leading to it) which currently contains 2 iron. If my idea gets accepted, it should have a 60% chance of containing 2 iron, a 30% chance of containing 1 iron, a 5% chance of containing 3 iron and a 5% chance of containing 8 charcoal.

Timers:

The first wave will be released through two timers (you can see both pretty much in the middle of the picture) and would release at 5 minutes into the game.

After this all the waves are on this mountain thing. The second timer (which is the lowest one on the mountain) should release 10 minutes into the game. The third timer, the one above the second one, should release at 15 minutes into the game. Then the fourth one, you can already guess where,should release at 28 minutes into the game. After this comes the fifth one, which should hopefully release at 21 minutes into the game. The sixth one, also the last one on the mountain, should release @24 minutes into the game. After this you've got one more, floating somewhere above that mountain, which is basically bedrock placed in a way to say "LOL". The last timer should be inside the "O", and should also release at 27 minutes into the game.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4sgyqzm2xc5gyj8

W

Wimali

Looks promising! I am still not to in favor of secrets (but hey I never am). It looks great!
There aren't any secrets? Just a safe room after people complete the parkour, and honestly, I feel like they really deserve that because the second part of the parkour (which needs to be completed in order to access the safe room) is lava parkour, and thus very dangerous and deadly. And if someone fails and dies or has to do /mvs or relog or anything, chances are very big that the parkour will be flooded- so they only have one chance to do the lava parkour :d

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
So, I like the creative post of the submission you made to this map, but we're going to have to deny it. The surface seems very unoriginal and dull, and lets be honest, we've seen this sand terrain over and over again. We also didn't really like the addition of the parkour in the map as well. There's nothing wrong with it and we understand that lots of players enjoy parkour as a form of entertainment, but it just doesn't fit into the theme of this map.

Denied for now. Feel free to make edits to it if you want to re-submit.

Status
Not open for further replies.