Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: 747
  • Intended Gamemode: Classic
  • Creator: Jivvi
  • Size: Big
  • Biome: Whichever
  • Screenshots, including timer areas: It's a stone floor, about 13^2, if even that, with cubic glass faces. There are two huge towers with timers at 2 block intervals, so you can put the timers wherever you like. I though an incremental round could be fun. I can upload screenshots if you really want, but there's practically nothing to see. edit: http://imgur.com/O7BpiKR,cVaUsOH
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: What blocks? (Stone as nobreak/place maybe)
  • Any extra information about your map?: It's big and it's empty. That is all. I though the glitched map from Infection would be a nice voidbuild map. We have Anthill, but personally I'd love a void map.
  • Download link (optional): http://ge.tt/91HDjM12

Last edited:

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
I honestly can't tell if this is serious or not, Jivvi. Other than using a classic zombie map name (current infection map name), I was honestly expecting the cZombie map. But this is hardly anything. The spawn, I'm guessing, is an 11x9x11 box. There's nothing else besides those two corner towers from what I can see. It looks like it's going from 0Y to 160Y, at least. Maybe even as high as 255Y. I'm not too sure how I feel about this map joining in RoF, to be truthful. I can't really call it a lack of effort because of what you said, earlier. You're right, we have anthill, but that was a highly enjoyed map in classic days. Even if hardly any effort was put into making the map. :s

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I honestly can't tell if this is serious or not, Jivvi. Other than using a classic zombie map name (current infection map name), I was honestly expecting the cZombie map. But this is hardly anything. The spawn, I'm guessing, is an 11x9x11 box. There's nothing else besides those two corner towers from what I can see. It looks like it's going from 0Y to 160Y, at least. Maybe even as high as 255Y. I'm not too sure how I feel about this map joining in RoF, to be truthful. I can't really call it a lack of effort because of what you said, earlier. You're right, we have anthill, but that was a highly enjoyed map in classic days. Even if hardly any effort was put into making the map. :s
This was pretty much replaced by Bite Me! as a void map so this can probably be disposed of.

JtTorso

Reaction score
This map needs some explaining. For whichever reason someone (Mike or WinX) ended up deleting the map 747, it was a direct port from classic zombies. When it was deleted there was nothing but void and so I built this box so players wouldn't be eternally falling, the map has since been fixed and there's actually an updated version (I believe made for AoD).

Jivvi You're a fully capable map maker, but with maps like this it makes me rather confused (and now I'm starting to repeat myself), don't waste peoples time with stuff like this.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
While the map itself is not a thing of upstanding brilliance and quality, it is something I definitely intend on adding. I can already say that this map will not win the competition.

Jivvi submitted this on the intention of how it will be played. There is NOTHING for the player to build off of, so they have to make their own or work together to make a big structure. I think I personally said something about making a void map for classic on the server at some point.

Creative rounds are all about creativity and this is as basic as you get in terms of providing them a blank canvas.

That being said, I don't even need a schematic link for this, I can build this in thirty seconds by hand on RoF myself.

I love the map myself but if there is an abundance of support for denying it then it will not be added.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score

is there even a reason to give this a +1 or even a remotely positive vote?
anyone with worldedit could've made this in less than 3 minutes so i don't see why we would even want this in rotation or given any position within the map competition

I like it.

Not creative but I like it.

YOU BUNCH OF WHINERS.

Reactions: Jivvi

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
is there even a reason to give this a +1 or even a remotely positive vote?
anyone with worldedit could've made this in less than 3 minutes so i don't see why we would even want this in rotation or given any position within the map competition
There is a reason to give it a vote since it is a serious map submission.

It doesn't matter how long it took to make.

And you don't speak for everyone on the server.

Oh, also thanks for making his submission less serious with your toxic 'le memes'

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
There is a reason to give it a vote since it is a serious map submission.

It doesn't matter how long it took to make.

And you don't speak for everyone on the server.

Oh, also thanks for making his submission less serious with your toxic 'le memes'
way to not be confrontational. i appreciate your professionalism 12/10

I'm sorry if I'm actually trying to look at serious map submissions such as Rawr's and others then Jivvi decides to submit merely an empty void and I don't take it seriously. I'm glad you seem to take such map submissions even more serious than ones where people actually put effort into it and even decide to try and start a fight with me in the thread itself. It is it utmost appreciated also thank you for immediately assuming I speak for everyone on the server. I'm glad you seem to think I have such a high standing on the server.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Allow me to clear up the drama.

I find that the only reason this map is getting such negative feedback is because it could be made in practically 1 minute. And to add to that fact the ONLY difference between this map and Antfarm is the stone floor. Why do we need to have two maps that are basically the exact same thing.

That being said I do appreciate the submission but I want to get it straight that I look for maps that will allow both creative gameplay and a creative idea to it. I don't find this as having either of those. Antfarm is a map that has been around since classic, one which to be honest I absolutely despise, it never took effort to make it and quite frankly I find it a bore to play. Who really enjoys a survival that is already set and all you need to do is click probably 10 times and have a house. Is that fun? I don't think it really is and this map reflects it almost perfectly.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
To be clear, I do have multiple real submissions to this competition; poking this into the comp was a stab at a bit of silly humour. Because this map is definitely up to the standards of Rebirth. It was, as Ogar said, essentially a suggestion to have a bit empty void map.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
And to add to that fact the ONLY difference between this map and Antfarm is the stone floor. Why do we need to have two maps that are basically the exact same thing.
Just to clarify Dess, this map is nothing like Anthill. You do not spawn on top of the glass, you spawn in it. The screenshot you see is the spawn and nothing more. It is a stone platform with a shell of glass no bigger than a 10x10. The objective Jivvi is trying to make by submitting a map like this is just as he said, to provide a void. There's nothing to build on because the entire map is air, not glass like Anthill. Its essentially skyblock.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just to clarify Dess, this map is nothing like Anthill. You do not spawn on top of the glass, you spawn in it. The screenshot you see is the spawn and nothing more. It is a stone platform with a shell of glass no bigger than a 10x10. The objective Jivvi is trying to make by submitting a map like this is just as he said, to provide a void. There's nothing to build on because the entire map is air, not glass like Anthill. Its essentially skyblock.
In a way, they're opposite aspects of a basic blank canvas map

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
It took me a while but I think I've come around to the idea of this map. I like the idea of players being able to be as creative as they possibly can be - there's no restrictions (apart from the borders) to stop them. I would honestly love to see this in the rotation and to see what players imaginations could make!

Status
Not open for further replies.