Map: Blue_City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuss

Reaction score
Name of map: Blue_City

Author: Nuss

size:151x151

Map boundary: the middle of the map is at X:167 Y:65 Z:731 from this point the radius should be 75 blocks( the middle of the map is spawn too)

Kits:

Humans:
Archer: Bow, 8 Arrows, wooden sword, leather cap
Knight: Leather Tunic, stone sword, Portion of Healing
Wizard: 2 Ender pearls, 8 fire Charges, Enchantment Table, Leather cap, wooden sword
Cook: Cake, 8 Bread, 2 raw Porkchops, 2 coal, Furnace, wooden sword
Runner: Leather Boots, 2 portions of swiftness, wooden sword , 4 Breads

Hunters:
Leader: Leather Tunic, Leather Pants, Leather Boots, Stone sword, Bow, 8 Arrows
Archer: Bow 16 Arrows, 8 Ladders , wooden sword
Scout: 64 Dirt , iron pickaxe 16 ladders
Runner: Leather Boots, 2 Portions of swiftness,wooden sword, 8 Dirt
Warrior: Leather Tunic, Stone sword 32 Dirt

Random or choose kits? Random

Screenshots:http://imgur.com/a/Y0bvI

Notes: I wasnt able to set the spawn to X:167 Y:65 Z:731 if you could do that for me, that would be very nice. Also TNT and fire shouldnt be able to destroy Blocks.

if there are any problems please tell me.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zz96wq88lewaoq9

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Well first off, this map looks awesome, truly well built Nuss! There are however a few things I notice that may hinder its compatibilty with AoD and I must ask, was this from an adventure map? If so did you make it or was it from the internet? I say this because of the signs (In German, not sure if they should go in an English speaking server) and following the path leading away from the city there was a camp:

Is this part of the map? If so, is this?

As you haven't restricted block breaking and there is iron in the map, this would be breakable.
However, I suspect this was simply part of an Adventure map you were making and you adapted it for AoD, cutting out this part, I base my focus on the town.

To me, the chests within seem very unbalanced, with some looking like these:

And many others just like this:

These 'Op' chests, as well as those with Fire Aspect Swords and Chainmail armour hidden in graves sadden me as this does have the potential to be an absolutely fantastic map! I'd say, in chests for AoD, moderation is the key! (Hey, that rhymed xD).
I'd also like to mention the somewhat limited develoment of many of the houses, appearing to be little but shells, no chests, no beds, no bookcases or flowers, just walls and a roof :/. This creates a frustrating scramble for just a few chests in few houses, maybe fun for some, but I know of many players who are sure to become extremely frustrated by such a situation.
Anyway, chests are an easy fix, the main map is awesome, hope this makes it in eventually o/.

EDIT: Sorry about the size of the pictures, I did shrink them originally :s

• Informative
Reactions: Iguana

Guinessis

Reaction score
I'd recommend using MCEdit to prune the excess chunks then delete the appropriate region files (after making a backup of course). The folder contains a lot of smaller towns and outposts in the neighboring regions which aren't necessary for AoD.

Airkid

Reaction score
I downloaded the map to take a look, and all of the signs seem to be in German, I personally think you didn't make the map. Some of the houses have absolutely nothing inside so I think you should put something in them. Also, as Baker said, some of the chests have things that shouldn't be in there.
the path leading away from the city there was a camp
Baker, the camp site would be unreachable since Nuss said that from the middle of the map the radius would be 75 blocks and when I checked, it didn't reach the camp site.
Overall, a lot of things need to be fixed but it's a well built map.

Numberplay

Reaction score
When dealing with the author tag : If you modified something from someone else, you must also put the original author's name or the community from which this map comes from.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
The kits are not balanced with the chests on the map. Looks like you just downloaded the map put good looking items in the chests and left some empty chests. Either you even the kits out with the items on the map or you nerf the items in the chests on the map. 0

Nuss

Reaction score
so, you are right its from an adventure map which i am building at the moment on my own server. for AoD
i only wanted to use the big City. if this would be ok i will make all signs in English an clear the overpowerd hidden chests.

Status
Not open for further replies.