make voting rewarding

Terre936

Reaction score
this would give people another reason to vote. maybe you can make it so that you get 500-1000 orbs or more on AoD when you vote daily. this could be a replacement to the old 150 brains daily login thing that we used to have on AoD, where you would get 150 brains just for logging on daily. the reward could also be for rof, not sure how create would work with this but just a suggestion

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Totally agreed. Maybe add a vote-chain system to it? If you vote today, you get 100% of the reward. However, if you vote within (24+4) = 28 hours you get 5% added to that reward and so on. Limit would probably be 200% or something.

Also, maybe have like a vote key for players who vote? They get a chance to spin at some random slot machine and win some loot out of that.

Reactions: Vatumok

froyd

Reaction score
I'm not sure that vote rewards are the best thing, they always seem to me to be sorta' like bribing the players to like the server. What I'm sure would help, at least for me, would be at least some reminder to vote. I often forget to vote because I don't log into the server one day, or when I do I go straight to a server instead of stepping on the pressure plate to vote. A simple "have you voted today? Click here!" message when you join would be good.
That being said, whether or not you get brains orbs for voting, players who vote should have their name color changed in chat. Showing off to other players is often the best incentive, and it also carries over to other servers which don't use orbs.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Hunter and Fragile

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not sure that vote rewards are the best thing, they always seem to me to be sorta' like bribing the players to like the server. What I'm sure would help, at least for me, would be at least some reminder to vote. I often forget to vote because I don't log into the server one day, or when I do I go straight to a server instead of stepping on the pressure plate to vote. A simple "have you voted today? Click here!" message when you join would be good.
That being said, whether or not you get brains orbs for voting, players who vote should have their name color changed in chat. Showing off to other players is often the best incentive, and it also carries over to other servers which don't use orbs.
I think you'd like to rephrase the 'bribing' part. :cool:

Asking players to vote dosen't seem extremely effective, but it does work; if you keep on asking players, it does a reverse effect from what I know. For those who vote, maybe give them special incentives? I know that Create has an ontime system that carries vote/loyalty points. I'm pretty sure some other plugin can hook onto that and I suggest the top voter for the month gets a custom temporary title or something. As I said before, adding a gambling element to voting makes stuff more fun instead of just plainly giving players stuff.