Make all stairs at least 3 blocks wide.

Xfolo

Reaction score

Yeah. Now, the water was done by a hunter, but it was still possible ok.

Now. It's a high tower, 2 or 3 survivors on it and they had snowballs and loads of arrows. It's generally not possible. Making them, illegal, yet not illegal enough to be breaking rules.

Yes, dont go 'there's other threads about this' Because i know there is. But nothing has been done about it.

All stairs should be at least 3 blocks wide.

nitasu987

Reaction score
I think this would be hard to regulate with the limited resources you get per map and also with tools not being infinitely useful.
If they get all those hunter kills, the stairs people will easily have enough brains to extend with shop towers.

I guess... but still to me it doesn't seem right to regulate it like that.

Xfolo

Reaction score

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
I think the whole tower/staircase issue on AoD is just going to be one of Thoese things where you can't please everyone. I guess it will just have to stay how it is and people will just have to find more creative ways of killing the campers on the tower.

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie
Reaction score
I think the whole tower/staircase issue on AoD is just going to be one of Thoese things where you can't please everyone. I guess it will just have to stay how it is and people will just have to find more creative ways of killing the campers on the tower.
Yeah! Like, we can all try charging up the staircase, repeatedly dying! Or try building a staircase up, getting shot off repeatedly!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
To be honest, I think there should be separate shops for the hunters and survivors, or/and a separate currency. This way Baker can add in items that could help out hunters when it comes to battling these infuriating towers.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest, I think there should be separate shops for the hunters and survivors, or/and a separate currency. This way Baker can add in items that could help out hunters when it comes to battling these infuriating towers.
I dont think I have heard the idea of seperate shops before, and its surely interesting. Im not so sure about different currency though. In the hunters shop items should be cheaper, since its much rarer that hunters spend points on a tower.

• Agree
Reactions: Xfolo

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
Yeah! Like, we can all try charging up the staircase, repeatedly dying! Or try building a staircase up, getting shot off repeatedly!
Alright no need to be so smart... But if you use your head it isn't that hard. Either get a bow, ended pearl up or what I find works is to build a staircase under them and spleef them.

Xfolo

Reaction score
Alright no need to be so smart... But if you use your head it isn't that hard. Either get a bow, ended pearl up or what I find works is to build a staircase under them and spleef them.
Most of the time there are no ender pearls in kits, and with bows before you can get high enough to hit them they hit you as it's easier for them. And you don't always get a bow.

Or try building a staircase up, getting shot off repeatedly!
[/quote]

Bows: You dont always get em. And before you can hit them, they hit you because you shoot up and they shoot down so it's easier for them.

Ender pearls: You dont always get them, and when you do, you usually miss, and if you make it, they just kill you up there anyway as they have better weapons.

Making towers to get there:
Or try building a staircase up, getting shot off repeatedly!
And you dont always get blocks in kit.

radman573

Reaction score
I dont think I have heard the idea of seperate shops before, and its surely interesting. Im not so sure about different currency though. In the hunters shop items should be cheaper, since its much rarer that hunters spend points on a tower.

*Cough* http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/suggestion-possible-alternate-ranks.12451/ *Cough*

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
>>>>It seems most of the stairs are made with leaves which can be harvested extremely quickly with shears at "20 blocks per second" yielding 238 blocks, 3.7 stacks, per shear. Since leaves are such an easy material to gather for only 2 iron, the restriction of the use of shears or breaking leaf blocks could solve the problem or at least make it more difficult for players to gather materials to build their platforms.
>>>>Now we cannot ban the practice of sky bases outright since the players spent their time to fortify their area with the strategic strength of stairs. If i saw a person who made a sky base out of wood or stone i would accept that since they made significant effort into gathering those materials. Gathering 1 log takes 3 seconds to gather with just your fist and when using a wooden axe increases the log gathering to 1 per 1.5 seconds. The amount of logs gathered in a minute is significantly less than the amount of leaves you can gather in a minute and provides a balance to the height you can get to in a single minute.

(These numbers are ideals and are not adding time to find the materials or replacing broken tools.)
Gathering logs with your fist in a minute yields 20 logs or 80 planks[1.25 stacks]. (1 log / 3 seconds)
Gathering logs with a wooden axe in a minute yields 40 logs or 160 planks[2.5 stacks]. (1 log / 1.5 seconds)
Gathering leaves with shears in a minute yields 1200 leaf blocks[18.75 stacks]. (20 leaf blocks / 1 second)

>>>>1200 blocks per minute, even if that is an ideal, is completely crazy and stupid how many blocks you can get for such little effort to create the sky bases. Something doesn't need to be done to the platforms themselves, but the materials used to make them. With the removal of the use of leaves we will probably see lower platforms which makes them more accessible to hunters and a better balance than the high slaughter house they are now.
>>>>I believe the gathering of leaves can be easily controlled more easily by staff since the blocks broken can be controlled on a map to map basis.

Sources:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Digging#Blocks_by_hardness
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Shears#Speed_and_durability

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
Howard has a very good point materials are very easy to come by especially with shears.
And there is an iron axe in conntaminated which is very bad for hunters.

I think on certain maps hunters should have the ability to make PILLARS.
I think this would resolve the shooting down problem.
Then you could just hope the survivors aren't too op

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Map kits; map kits; easy to kill you once you spleef, and they then know where you are. Also, the staircases take MUCH longer.