RoF - Declined Luna's RoF Moderator Application

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
What is your in-game name? Lunaxoxoxo

What timezone do you live in? U.S Central time, GMT -6

How many hours have you played on the server for? 11 days since the wipe, not sure before then. Enough to get the second or third Prestige rank.

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week? 4-6 per day

What prior staffing experience do you have? (It is not mandatory and it is not a problem if you do not have any.) Former; AoD1.0 Controller, AoD2.0 Moderator, Dusk of Discordia Op, Trouble in Terrorist Town Mod, Forum Moderator.

What do you think the role entails? The role entails creating a fun playing environment for all players and ensuring that gameplay is fair. Enforcing rules when they need to be enforced is a must, as well as using problem solving to resolve any issues that may arise.

Why do you want to be a staff member? As I've become more active in the community within the last 2 weeks, I've felt the desire to staff rise again. Now that I will have some free time to dedicate to the server, I want to help make the community better than what it is. I believe my work on AoD 1.0 will show that I am more than capable of the duties required.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants? I am very confident, I have relatively quick problem solving abilities based on the situation, and I can be very vocal when needed. Some, I feel, are more reserved and wait for another person to handle a situation if they do not feel like it.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? As is with the IRL workforce, the first thing you should do is ask upon a higher-up for assistance, and if one is unavailable, ask upon someone with more experience than you have. If all else fails, try to resolve the situation as carefully as possible.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us? I am looking forward to reading people's opinions of me, and I hope to be considered.

Please list your references: (For most applications at least 1 reference is mandatory, must be a current Moderator+ on EscapeRestart!) RoboPapi

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Yo.
So right off the bat I'd like to mention the ref thing. When you asked me about it, I didn't exactly know you were asking for a reference (because of the way you phrased it). I was actually going to wait on reffing you, for a few reasons I will explain.

I'll start off with saying you've been very decently active in the server, and that's great. You have the experience and understanding of the server to be able to know how it all works.
One of my problems however, and one of the reasons I was going to wait on reffing you, is that you seemed, whenever on the server, to not be very active in chat and such (if memory serves me correctly). It was very hard to tell if you were actually on the server or not.

Usually the point at which I would reference someone, is when they show good activity in chat, and they're doing what they can to help out players. Whether it be answering any questions they have, offering items/housing, welcoming new players and helping them learn the ropes, etc. Due to your inactivity in chat, most of those things haven't been happening.

Now I can't deny that you definitely have the staffing experience needed to watch over a server, but from what I've seen, it doesn't feel like you're really trying too hard to attain this rank.

For now I'm going with a 0 (that can, and will change if I can see better in-game activity from you)

• Winner
Reactions: Notme

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't been on too much due to my work schedule so I didn't really see this application coming at all, and I haven't seen you very much in game as a result. But I've known you for a while and how you work in a position like this so I'd be willing to see where a trial leads.

• Love
Reactions: Fragile

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I've left this open for far too long, so sorry.

You've been playing quite a bit recently, you've got the experience, but by the looks of things, I don't think we're fully sold on you yet. Hopefully, with Trial Mod, you are able to prove that you convince us that you'll be a positive asset to the team.

On Trial

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Been away for a few days, so I was unable to respond to this sooner. I've just sent a PM about this, but it does appear you've been too busy, as you told me in PM at the start of the extension, which is why I'll have to deny the application. As that's the only issue though, you may reapply immediately, as there weren't any issues anywhere else.

Declined

• Thank You
Reactions: Fragile