lostboys1 - Trusted - 19/09/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
Your In-Game Name: lostboys1

Do you have any alternate accounts that can also play Premium? If so, what are their names: None at all

What is your Timezone? GMT 0 (Ireland/England)

Who has agreed to reference you? (You need AT LEAST 1 staff reference): mythelf and lovedaice have graciously both given me their references, thanks again!

What is your current real life age? (Don't be Shy) 16 years old but will be 17 on the 5th of October

How many hours have you played on AOD in total? (Use /timeonline to check) 1 day 10 hours 28 minutes which while I acknowledge may not be the longest of times but I believe it has been enough to make my presence known, familiarise myself with both the players, the server, its commands and the community, and to prove that I am more the capable and worthy of this rank.

How active are you on the server, and how often do you come on? I aim to ,and generally do, get on the server for around 2 hours (more or less depending) from Monday - Friday after school and for longer on weekends. I am in evening study which means I am in 2 hours extra from Monday - Thursday however this means I get most if not all my work done and have the rest of the evening to relax and play some minecraft.

Do you have any past experience staffing in Blocktopia? I currently have no past experience on this fine community but in a community similar to this in many ways. I shan't name it for advertising reasons etc. however many people can confirm I held the Controller rank on their Classic Lava server for many months, effectively running it as there was no Director at the time nor any other controller. I was also named Director of another community before it shortly died soon after its birth. Now while I acknowledge I have experience on lava servers and not zombie/pvp/infected servers you may ask why apply for here and not RoF? Well, simply because since I joined the community not to long ago I fell in love with the server since I first logged on and the people playing on it so I realised that I want to become apart of it and help the server and its players in any way I can and what better way then applying for trusted.

What would you say your biggest weakness is, and how would you work to improve it? This is a tricky question one that left me thinking for awhile. See, I COULD lie and say something trivial like... "I cant plan" or something. However I have decided to be honest and true, and my biggest weakness would be that I have a short temper and have anger problems. I have however ,over my 4 month break from minecraft before joining this community, have got help for these issues and as I said earlier the negative things that were in my life are no more so I am no longer the angry, often irritating, boy who jumped at the first sign of an argument as many of you may know me. No. I am now a 16 (almost 17) year old man, who has a girlfriend, can drive and is mature enough now to know the difference between right and wrong and a debate and argument.

What achievements within Blocktopia are you most proud of? The achievement I am most proud of it probably the fact that I found Blocktopia and had the courage to rejoin a community and test my previous problems to see if I can be part of a community again and I can. This is also thanks to all of you who have been so kind and welcoming that I know I will be here for a long while regardless of if this gets accepted or not so thank you.

Why do you deserve the rank? I believe I deserve this rank because I have matured so much in the past year from getting my drivers license and getting a girlfriend yet just because I am mature does not mean I dont know the difference between having a laugh and sheer immaturity. I also consider myself to be rather experienced in staffing, albeit classic servers. I am very forum active and will continue to be so checking not only the AoD section of the forums a few times daily but the entire forum. I have this theory that in order to get respect of players/people you must first show them respect which is why I always try and greet everyone who joins the server and do not agree in "commanding" players to either not do something or do something when a "please" or "thank" you is more than suffice and in my experience is more likely to get results.

Edit: Forgot to mention I am increasing my activity either on IRC and Teamspeak so I am readily availible to answer any questions or for a chat.
Add any other extra information here which you think will benefit your application: To be honest I have probably said more than enough and more then I have ever shared before but I am just very passionate about the server and its players and really hope you all would give me a chance to prove myself.

Thank you for reading and if you have any questions please ask either below or in a PM and I will gladly answer,
Lost

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Gah, this gave me a slight headache from trying to differentiate the sections. But, as said, I have agreed to give you my reference, and Grats on getting a second reference (I can't name a lot of people who have gotten more than one before applying recently. I'm guilty of this also, but it's working out well.)

A definite +1 from me, I think you could benefit this server a lot.

• Thank You
Reactions: Arachadonic

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Hey Lost, thanks for applying. Due to time zone's and decreased activity lately till late at night because of work I haven't really seen you at all. So I haven't seen how active/help you have been on the server. Therefor I'm going to go with a 0. Good luck with the application.

• Thank You

mythelf

Reaction score
I agreed to reference you for a reason. Almost every single time that you have been in the game, I have seen you trying to help out and you seem very mature. A big +1 for me.

• Thank You

Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
Lost, I barely see you on the server, but when I see you on the server, you are helping around the new players. You're a really mature player. The only thing I'm aware of is about your activity. But I know you can improve that. Therefore, I'm going with a +1.

• Thank You

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Since I have not posted yet I probably should do so. The reason why I have been waiting was because I wanted to see more before voting. I have not been able to do so due to work and other personal reasons. I do not feel like I am able to vote yes or no due to not being able to play as much as I would like. Therefore I am going to go with a 0.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Apologies for the time it has taken to address this application, but these things can take time to process! Thank you for the well written and detailed application, however I regret to announce that it will not be accepted at this point in time. Looking back at your time on the server over the past week or so, I have been unable to find evidence of you helping out with questions or queries about the mechanics/community. I do expect that trusted applicants are displaying attributes typical of a Trusted member before applying, and while the application is being processed. Perhaps you were not aware of this, or simply didn't feel comfortable acting in this manner without the rank, but it means that I have not been able to accurately assess how well you will perform.

Once again, the application will not be accepted, but I thank you for your enthusiasm in the server and reaching for this while you are still arguably new to the community. It shows great determination, which I love! Do not be disheartened, I look forward to seeing you grow further on the server to climb closer to joining the staffing team. You may reapply in 2 weeks, but I strongly suggest you wait until such a time that you are able to fully display your skills/potential.

• Love
Reactions: RyanDodd
Status
Not open for further replies.