Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map: Lost_temple
Author: Infected_alien8
Size:127x127
Map boundary: x is 318 y is 106 z is 126.
Kits: Survivors:
Temple guard:
Wood spade, 64 cookies.
Hunters:
Starting hunter AND normal hunters:
Temple ghost:
Diamond sword with sharpness V. Diamond chest plate, leggings, boots. Bow with power V and infinity. 1 arrow. Will have speed and jump boost. Will have blindness. Will have invisibility for the effect of being a ghost.
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/O9nuP#0
Notes: This map is a mini-game styled map. Basically, it is hide and seek. The survivors are very weak and have nothing but a wooden spade, and hunters are extremely OP and will kill the survivors in one hit. However, the hunters are blind, and so must try and hit the humans. The humans just have to try to stay away from the hunters so they don't get hit. So it isn't too easy, the hunters also get speed and jump boosts. There are no chests on this map. The map is very wide open so the survivors cannot hide very well, and are very vulnerable. Hunters can't use locate either. There is also no scavenger. The dark hunter is also the same as the other hunters. The survivors are given a very weak weapon. The weapon isn't designed to kill, as the hunters have too much armour, just designed to simply torment them if they wish. Also, fall damage off please.
Download Link: Located on Buildbox, do /warp Lost_temple.
I hope I have done the input file correctly. I wasn't sure about the 'DAMAGE_ALL' bit, but that is what it said sharpness was on a website. If it is wrong, please tell me! I also wasn't sure about using spade rather than shovel. Again, please tell me if I am wrong!
EDIT: Hunters now get nothing due to survivors having a chance of getting op gear. Hunters just use their fists to one hit kill now with Increased damage and resistance potion effects. Scavenger gets nothing too, so for hunters there is really no scavenger, and for survivors they will loose food and their toy to torment with scavenger. However, is is only possible to get scavenger if you die within one second of re-spawn, so it is only really attainable by /kill ing quickly, in which case it is your own fault anyway. (So basically there still isn't really a scavenger)
Input File:

MapName: Lost_temple
Author: Infected_alien8
BuildTime: 010
GameTime: 600
WorldTime: 12000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: 328.5
y: 65.0
z: 73.0
ChooseKit: false
OneKitPerRound: false
KitResetTime: 001
BoxChance: 15
MoveFirstHunter: false
FallReduction: 1000
CanDrown: false

Team1:
SpawnLocation:
x: 328.5
y: 65.0
z: 73.0
Centre:
x: 318.0
y: 106.0
z: 126.0
WorldSize: 50
SkyLimit: 256
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: false
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 5
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
- SAND
- SANDSTONE
- DIRT
- TRAPDOOR
- WOOL
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- TORCH
- LONG_GRASS
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- IRON_ORE
- DIAMOND_ORE
Kit:
HunterFree:
Scavenger:

Juggernaut:
The blessed:
- IRON_SWORD
- COOKIE|64
HunterLeader:
Ghost leader:

HunterStart:
Temple_ghost:

SurvivorStart:
Temple_guard:
- WOOD_SHOVEL
- COOKIE|64
Effects:
Hunter:
Starting:
- JUMP|1000|5
- SPEED|1000|5
- BLINDNESS|1000|3
- INVISIBILITY|1000|3
- INCREASE_DAMAGE|1000|10
- DAMAGE_RESISTANCE|1000|10

Guinessis

Reaction score
I like the idea! Be sure to set hunter fall damage reduction to maximum so that they don't continually hurt themselves while jumping with the boost. A dead hunter with that amazing gear = survivor win.

Also, as one comment - I'd remove the watervators to the roof just to cut down on the spots that survivors can hide. And I'd change the round time to something shorter - say 5-7 minutes?

Also, can anyone confirm if the blindness effect can be removed in Optifine? That could be an issue.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I like the idea! Be sure to set hunter fall damage reduction to maximum so that they don't continually hurt themselves while jumping with the boost. A dead hunter with that amazing gear = survivor win.

Also, as one comment - I'd remove the watervators to the roof just to cut down on the spots that survivors can hide. And I'd change the round time to something shorter - say 5-7 minutes?

Also, can anyone confirm if the blindness effect can be removed in Optifine? That could be an issue.
How do I change the fall damage? I don't see an option in the input file, but I am very tired :p
Also, watervator is removed!
Thanks for the advice! :D

Guinessis

Reaction score
How do I change the fall damage? I don't see an option in the input file, but I am very tired :p
Also, watervator is removed!
Thanks for the advice! :D
Probably because I didn't copy it over to the config file thread template >.> - you set it in the Team information sections. It was added with the potion effects, along with "CanDrown."

Code:
Team0:
SpawnLocation:
x: 64.5
y: 100.0
z: 20.5
OneKitPerRound: false
KitResetTime: 5
BoxChance: 0
MoveFirstHunter: false
FallReduction: 1000
CanDrown: false
EDIT: Also, for the Optifine bit, you'll just have to assume that players are being honest. Lots of other servers use blindness effects in PvP as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Olix

Reaction score
The idea is unique and the map is well built, I think it would be fun to try it out :)
One problem I see is with the Scavenger kit (you have it as full diamond armor with swords/bows equal to hunters). I can see your reasoning, but there is currently a bug, which I'm sure you're aware of, where survivors will receive the HunterFree kit (scavenger), usually after dying as final survivor in the previous round. I'd suggest you just make the scavenger kit equal to the survivor kit, as I don't really see hunters dying in this map.

Furthermore, if hunters do die, you can change the "KitResetTime", which is the time between when a hunter gets two kits - for example, if you have a kit reset time of 60 seconds, a hunter who spawns with a normal hunter kit will have to survive for at least 60 seconds, for if they die before that they will be given the hunter free kit.

I hope you can understand my explanation, and if any of my information is wrong, a correction would be appreciated ;)

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
DISH LOOKSH SHO AWSHUM!!!

Unintelligible, grammarless rants aside, this looks really good, and has a lot of potential.
(and Swimmer, don't even think about saying that its your çatching'minigame idea :p)

I reckon this will be quite good to play on, very strategic (although not for the Hunters)
:bounce:
Add this map, Baker.

Now.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The idea is unique and the map is well built, I think it would be fun to try it out :)
One problem I see is with the Scavenger kit (you have it as full diamond armor with swords/bows equal to hunters). I can see your reasoning, but there is currently a bug, which I'm sure you're aware of, where survivors will receive the HunterFree kit (scavenger), usually after dying as final survivor in the previous round. I'd suggest you just make the scavenger kit equal to the survivor kit, as I don't really see hunters dying in this map.

Furthermore, if hunters do die, you can change the "KitResetTime", which is the time between when a hunter gets two kits - for example, if you have a kit reset time of 60 seconds, a hunter who spawns with a normal hunter kit will have to survive for at least 60 seconds, for if they die before that they will be given the hunter free kit.

I hope you can understand my explanation, and if any of my information is wrong, a correction would be appreciated ;)
Ah, already knew about this but completely forgot! Thanks, I will use it to make it so scavenger isn't possible!
DISH LOOKSH SHO AWSHUM!!!

Unintelligible, grammarless rants aside, this looks really good, and has a lot of potential.
(and Swimmer, don't even think about saying that its your çatching'minigame idea :p)

I reckon this will be quite good to play on, very strategic (although not for the Hunters)
:bounce:
Add this map, Baker.

Now.
Thanks! :D
EDIT: Guinessis will that work? Time for scavenger reset to 000? Or will it derp out and make it so you always get it? Sorry I don't know these things, I feel I should as I am Op, but I haven't learn these things yet! Time to learn ;)

Guinessis

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea as I'm not sure if the Scavenger kits are from the previous maps config or the new maps config.

One solution would be to remove the super powered armors and just give hunters strength IV and resistance IV.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea as I'm not sure if the Scavenger kits are from the previous maps config or the new maps config.

One solution would be to remove the super powered armors and just give hunters strength IV and resistance IV.
Great idea! Thanks! With strength IV will a punch be 1 hit kill? Or will I need a weapon still?

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
I kinda like the idea of hide and seek...but I can't see anywhere in this map to hide! Although this is what you intended, I feel you have taken it a bit too far.

It looks nice and well finished, but pretty empty, in my opinion at least.

I would be happy to accept this map if you were to add more places to go. At the moment, I can only see this turning into a running map, rather than the hide and seek theme you were going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.