LOP Trapped Rules.

jackamel

Op Purple :D
Contributor
Reaction score
If a player sneaks in invisible into a family's vault, they have no grounds to claim that they are trapped, to get tp'd out, as they came in of their own accord via the non-legal entrance. Its their own fault, and should have to wait to sneak out, die, or be rescued from legal lock by their family.

#sortouttherules #shadytunnel

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
I 100% agree with this since it was the raiders fault for getting stuck via trying to enter the vault/house via the way that isn't made for raiders.

That said though, you shouldn't deliberately try to trap raiders. Which if the case would result in the raiders getting a free pass out and you might end up with a warning.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I 100% disagree with this.

If a player got into the vault, it's not his fault other people placed blocks that trapped him. The player got into an area, and then someone placed blocks so he couldnt get out. Might not have been intentional as they didn't know of their existance but thats still the fact. Someone else trapped the player by placing blocks and thus the player should be tp'd out if requested.

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
I'm also going to 100% disagree on this.

It's not the raiders fault for getting stuck by your mistakes for not checking for invis players when entering the vault. Also the trapped player should be able to get a tp request if they get stuck in the airlocks but if they get into the vault, they must break the blocks that allowed them to get in.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Disagree with Notty and Hoog.
There was a legal way out which was through the Vault Lock Entrance which wasn't solved by the other raiders who were outside of the vault.
I would expect the raiders who were outside of the vault to figure out the code and unlock it so that the raider who was stuck inside the vault would be able to get out.

If this raider was alone - then maybe he should get that TP, but apparently he was with others so those other players should have helped first.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Disagree with Notty and Hoog.
There was a legal way out which was through the Vault Lock Entrance which wasn't solved by the other raiders who were outside of the vault.
I would expect the raiders who were outside of the vault to figure out the code and unlock it so that the raider who was stuck inside the vault would be able to get out.

If this raider was alone - then maybe he should get that TP, but apparently he was with others so those other players should have helped first.
A players legal way out should not depend on other players. The player themselves are trapped and can't get out by themselves. So as far as I see it that might be the legal way in for the raiders, but it's not the legal way out as the raiders cant open it from the inside.

The legal way out was the way the raider came in, which was open when the player came in and then closed by someone else. Trapping the player and thus he should be able to get a TP out.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Just have a way out of your vault, makes this not an issue.

Per today's rules it's illegal to trap players, and while you can not be blamed for it, it's not the raiders fault either when they get trapped in a vault.

What are they gonna do if I get get trapped? Dying is not really an option, asking people to open a 10 billion red stone lock is not a good answer either. Trying to sneak out is obviously the bes, but how long you gonna wait?

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
Pro tip: if someone gets into your vault through Family enterance or dirt door and you block it off leave an exit in the floor that drops like 4 or 5 blocks then a path 200 blocks away or whatever so that there is allways a legal way out and they cannot get back in that way, you can even put a web at the top so rangers can use leap or jump boost to get it, problem solved stop whining about rules. Rules are rules love em, or hate em you gotta follow them. Vrgin Out

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
There are three dirt doors in that "airlock" of ours giving us two "containment" areas.
The first two dirt doors (first containment area) are within three blocks of each other, so they should have obviously known that they were going to get trapped - so why venture onto the other area in the first place? He should have stayed there and asked for a TP at that point.

Second - We were only given FIVE minutes to retaliate against him starting from the moment that he attacked me and ending until Vrgin was teleported out by Eggnog. This isn't even sufficient time to attack someone that's damn near invisible and OP'd since he was a Sorcerer against three lowly pvp'ers. It's as if the moment that he got caught that he then decided that he should be TP'd out.

• Agree
Reactions: jackamel

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
There are three dirt doors in that "airlock" of ours giving us two "containment" areas.
The first two dirt doors (first containment area) are within three blocks of each other, so they should have obviously known that they were going to get trapped - so why venture onto the other area in the first place? He should have stayed there and asked for a TP at that point.

Second - We were only given FIVE minutes to retaliate against him starting from the moment that he attacked me and ending until Vrgin was teleported out by Eggnog. This isn't even sufficient time to attack someone that's damn near invisible and OP'd since he was a Sorcerer against three lowly pvp'ers. It's as if the moment that he got caught that he then decided that he should be TP'd out.
I do apologize that that was all the time you were given to retaliate. However I had absolutely no way of knowing that at the time. Nor is it particularly relevant if he had been stuck in the vault for awhile, which as I've been told was the case. At the time when I tp'd him out (in accordance to the rules as they are written today) I even checked around your vault to see if any primus members were either near him or actively engaged with him in pvp. There were none so I tp'd him out.
I really don't think we should be punishing raiders for using invis by stranding them if they get stuck in vaults. It discourages a lot of raiding and essentially forces raiders to go through extremely tedious red stone locks. When it comes down to it I couldn't agree with Danni more, vaults should have an exit for anyone inside of them in order to make this a non-issue. That however is just my opinion.

Last edited:

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I know - to make sure that everyone gets equally annoyed by this, let's just ban invis!

[sup](this was not a serious suggestion maybe, please don't kill me)[/sup]

Alternatively, either the requirement for a way out works, or it's the raider's fault and they should be left for dead, perhaps with some way to suicide I think. They take the risk to go through the vault fully knowing they could get trapped in - they see that second dirt layer, so they know it's going to be risky, and they have the option not to go in. You could say there needs to be that risk. I disagree that it's "punishing raiders" by leaving them stranded - they've got way more of an advantage by being relatively undetectable by the raided, and they know it's risky. You could say it discourages raiding, but invisible people discourage defending against raiding, and that will lose you players. Invisible people aren't fun to deal with when they're within the walls, and that's why we've got this massive debate here. At least banning invis solves all this. :S

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Another issue that you need to remember is that you can not log out there, so if you got to do something irl, you are not allowed to just leave, while your this can always be an issue when you are raiding, if you are trapped and something comes up, it would really fucking suck.

Just so I'm clear, if raiders do get stuck are they tp'ed out with the loot they've taken?
Yes, as you are currently not allowed to trap people with our current rule set.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Two points to make here:

First, and the person involved can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain said invisible person was stuck in that vault for more than half an hour. The fact that people in the area only became wise to it after so long doesn't change the time he was there.

Second, if the heroes plugin was working, what would stop him from using recall after looting? Checkmate, atheists.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Two points to make here:

First, and the person involved can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain said invisible person was stuck in that vault for more than half an hour. The fact that people in the area only became wise to it after so long doesn't change the time he was there.

Second, if the heroes plugin was working, what would stop him from using recall after looting? Checkmate, atheists.
What cheaty is saying here is very much the case, and why issues like this keep forming, stuck in famly land? use recall. Stuck in vault? Use recall. We are very sorry that this skill is not working, but as this skill is not working, a tp out if they do get trapped, does seem like an okay solution to me.

• Agree
Reactions: SalientGorilla