Logging in and out.

_4_

Reaction score
Well, lately I have been seeing people logging in and out, to become a zombie. In my opinion I believe this is gives a very unfair advantage to zombies/humans. This just isn't 1 or 2 people but I see a quite a few do it. The person who logs in/out right before the round starts so they can quickly gather kills. I just wanted to hear what other people have to say about it. If they've noticed it, think anything should be done about it, or if this is their first time hearing about this.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
The problem is the mindset of people, they want to farm as zombie to get as much zombie karma or as many kills as possible to get awards or in highscore lists. The only solution to this would be to make being zombie less attractive but that would only make the game worse because it can take away the motivation to hunt. I don't really see how it is unfair so I see no reason to do something about it (which isn't even really possible).

• Agree
Reactions: Oviony

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Adding to this, what about people who log out just when you are about to kill them?
In my opinion it's kind of stupid, ruins the persons mood a bit.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
I agree with kraby. I have seen people doing this and it does get pretty annoying. As well as this when it happens some zombies will begin to spam the chat complaining.

I understand some people leave for dinner etc and it's just coincidence they were about to be caught, but others just do it so the zombie can't have a kill

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
Adding to this, what about people who log out just when you are about to kill them?
In my opinion it's kind of stupid, ruins the persons mood a bit.
That can be fixed easily with a stern warning since it breaks rule 9.

Relogging is just a slower version of our /kill anyhow.

JtTorso

Reaction score
There are 10-8 minutes on average per round, there are 35 people max, not including Ops and random server kicks, inevitably at least 30 of those people are going to die, logging just speeds up the inevitable, and if you're looking into it too much then you can get at Ops for reffing after a round has started.

• Agree
Reactions: _4_ and MustabearXD

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
You can /kill to become a zombie?
It's a command that *I believe* is Operator+ but I may be incorrect.
1) It is indeed a command that allows Operators to make a player become zombie.
2) I just mentioned it is operator+, so Theo is right.
And Although I believe everything is pretty much covered for this thread / topic, I would like to give some input.

On topic for the whole logging in / out discussion, I don't see that large of a problem with this.
If people wish to play as zombie, then let them play as a zombie! It is merely a play-style. Some people prefer to hunt as a zombie, then remain as a human and hide. We should not simply force our playerbase to play as a Human if they do not want to.
-Though indeed, they could simply wait in spawn, as it is faster and has less of a risk for loosing your spot on the server, because people constantly join / leave, and our server tends to be full.

I want to take examples from other games that provide you with multiple play-styles.
Though extremely different from Minecraft, and our fair server, I will be looking at the game Deus Ex.
You can very easily go into every encounter guns blazing---
However, you can just as easily sneak your way through the levels, avoiding trouble, and using as little violence as possible.
I feel this can easily relate to this notion: for logging in / out to play as a zombie, since it is indeed a play-style, should be allowed.

On topic for the potential "people do it for the karma / points..."
That's a goal some people thrive for.
I know I wanted to survive as much as possible to get upon that famed leader-board some day.
Should we prevent people from their goals, which they most likely are having fun / making friends in the process by not allowing them a simple way to allow them to become zombies?
No.
Logging in / out, in my opinion, should be allowed. There really isn't any reason not to, its not game-breaking, and not especially annoying. I can see why you are coming from, and why you are worried, but I believe it is fine.
I don't really see how it is unfair so I see no reason to do something about it (which isn't even really possible).
(And since it appear's it's not even possible, I think the case is kinda closed? Maybe? Not sure? Keep the thread going if not then I guess.)

Anyways, Long post, I know, but that's how I make input.
Good luck with the idea. - JK

Reaction score
Once in a while I log in/out some maps you can’t win as a human, but when someone does it for every map none stop it becomes bothersome. Id be nice if people would only do it every other map, but there no way to enforce it. when op+ do the /kill and get 10+ kills every round it bugs me a little bit but its a game and not all op+s like to tear everyone a new one.

Txboy1234

Reaction score
Ok heres the deal about this, the past 2 days I went around asking people how they felt about people zombieing every single round.

Alot of the people that I asked are active and have been apart of this server for a long time. I got about 75% of the people I spoke to didn't really like people doing this excessively. Some have even thought about leaving the game due to the face it wasn't enjoyable anymore.

As i'm sure most of you know I was a big fan of going zombie just about every round until this past week where I have stopped 100%. I was personally PM'ed saying I was over doing it and I totally agree now.

The point of this is we want the most people possible to enjoy this game. We don't want people to totally stop doing this, just slow it down alittle. It's honestly not nearly as enjoyable when 25% of the people die within the first 30 secs because of this problem.

Go ask around for yourself to see how people feel about this, you'll be suprised just how strongly people feel about this subject.