Lets Not Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosekill

Reaction score
How about we go at this from a different angle.

Inquisitorial vs Adversarial law.

Adversarial Law: A system arrives at a decision by having each side to a dispute present its best opinion and then permitting a neutral decision-maker to determine the facts and apply the law in light of the opposing of the two sides. (Source: http://www.cbl-international.com/docs/csu0714/the-adversarial-vs-inquisitorial-system.pdf)

Inquisitorial Law: A method of legal practice in which the judge endeavors to discover facts while simultaneously representing the interests of the state in a trial. (Source: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Inquisitorial+System)

Now as you can see here you may notice that in the majority of decisions made in this community it happens to be the inquisitorial system. Due to the staff representing their own side of the argument. This creates many problems, from them choosing to omit certain portions of a conversation to make sure that there is no rebuttal to said argument, to them being able to just flat out threaten them with a punishment despite how well they are able to argue their case.

What you can tell the community aimed to do in the first place is to create a system of adversarial law in order to create fair trials and valid arguments in a way to create a community. This has such been undermined by people calling other peoples posts "Shitposts" and turning it more and more towards a system of inquisitorial law. Now before you say, "Oh its just another shitpost because rosekill said it" look at my sources and notice that i am very well informed of what i am saying. I only hope that there will be a day when certain people stop trying to commit PR suicide by doing these really shitty "PSA" posts while all they do is just call people out and delete everyone elses arguements along the way.

parquette

Reaction score
I actually quite like the idea of an Advisorial Law. We need a main guy to be a judge so that the rules and regulations may be decided without debate. Whatever the guy would say, would go. He/she would definitely keep order to the community without someone disagreeing with them.

• Disagree
  • Dislike
Reactions: Jivvi and Enderfive

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Guys, please take this post seriously. Rosekill put thought into this, and clearly took time to research it and make sure it is a valid argument. I actually quite like the idea of an Advisorial Law. We need a main guy to be a judge so that the rules and regulations may be decided without debate. Whatever the guy would say, would go.
The whole point of it is to have a debate to decide what is objectively better, not to have a supposedly neutral judge (which is going to be extremely difficult to find) who will make all decisions without any debate.

J

jub-juberd

I actually quite like the idea of an Advisorial Law. We need a main guy to be a judge so that the rules and regulations may be decided without debate. Whatever the guy would say, would go. He/she would definitely keep order to the community without someone disagreeing with them.
So you want someone to administrate the community?

Man, I sure hope you pick someone who won't suddenly disappear, flirt with kids, or suddenly snap and begin to call out everyone they hate.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Hey folks. Stepping in here before things get too far out of hand - well, more out of hand than they already are - to just slow things down for a minute.

Boundaries were crossed on both sides over the past few days, and regardless of what direction you want the community to go in, it's pretty clear that where we are right now is not where anyone wants to be.

I'm going to lock this thread because overall it's just inciting more drama - even though the OP is discussionworthy, the various replies do nothing to further the discussion. I'll make a new, overarching thread where we can maturely discuss community moderation. rosekill: You're welcome to repost this in that thread, and we can discuss it there.

As always, if anyone has concerns that they'd like to bring up privately, my inbox, as well as those of the other admins, is always open.

Status
Not open for further replies.