LEGO Marvel Stories - The Avengers

NuffSaid

Reaction score
AVENGERS VOLUME 1 - ISSUE 1: NEW BEGINNINGS

I can't stop thinking about the war. But most importantly Peggy, for seventy years I dreamed about her. The same dream loops in my brain. Her face is something I remember better than my own. And everything from the war is etched into my brain. The good things. And the bad. Such as Bucky... The countless lives I couldn't save. Including his. The one thing I want to forget is not reaching out to save him. The one thing I regret about fighting for my country were the losses. But this was the last time that dream haunted me. As for seventy years I haven't been able to awaken from it. Until now.

"Rise and Shine, Soldier."

I open my eyes as quickly as possible. And turn around in shock. I observe the room as quickly as possible. All these screens and moving pictures... Something I'm not exactly used too all around me.

"Nice to see you're awake."

I narrow down where the voice was coming from and check the doorway. A man with an eyepatch and loads of tactical gear I've never seen before on him.

"Where am I?" I ask stuttering.

"Welcome to America Steve."

"That's quite broad." I shoot back.

"The year is 2010. Last time you saw the light of day was in about 1940." The figure steps closer and closer until he reaches the side of my bed. As he adds "I'm tempted to call Guinness for the longest nap ever record."

"What?" I reply confused.

"Never mind. In the meantime I have something pressing to tell you. You see, the world has changed Cap. You've missed a lot, but one thing that hasn't changed is war. The world is still at war but now we have bigger threats instead of each other."

The man pulls out a device that has another moving picture. This time showing a metal giant shooting fire from it's eyes.

"You see this? That isn't from Earth. Sources tell us that it's in fact from a whole other realm. Called Asgard. This is one of theirs, it's called The Destroyer. But look closely here."

A man walks slowly towards the giant. My new acquaintance turns up the volume. And I hear the man say 'Look here brother. Take me, not any of them. They've done nothing to us. So here, take me.' The giant opens it's eyes as the man kneels. But suddenly, the man puts out his arm almost as if he's trying to grab something... A hammer then flies into the man's hand as he then fends off the giant. Then the film stops.

"But when the bad comes. Good follows. And we believe that you and quite a few others are the good that we've been waiting for. I'll have you working alongside the best of the best heroes. As we will get rid of evil, it's like a cancer. But all we need is a good doctor. So, are you up for fighting the good fight for your country and many other's again?"

I contemplate the outcome of doing such a task. I need something to do I guess.

"Count me in."

Reactions: Mooglie and Naoh

NuffSaid

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to continue these stories, I'm afraid I cannot currently maintain these... Due to the fact I am writing Justice League Dark! https://www.flickr.com/photos/94823306@N03/ This is really where you can check every day and are guaranteed a story at least 4 times a week. So there you go! :)

Reactions: Naoh