"Leader player" suggestion

aperson155

The ape
Reaction score
I think that for each game, there should be a special player on the blue and red teams that have additional chances for points. This player would obtain +1-3 points extra when they kill another player, but if another player kills them, they would receive extra points as well (permanent bounty for a game?). This player should be easily seen and located by other players (yellow skins, purple, etc.) and would add a fun addition to the game.
It should be a grenadier+ command and should be only used when there are lots of people on the server (15+) so it's not used frequently. When the grenadier+ uses the command, 1 random person from each team should be chosen.

Example::
(Players join blue and red teams)
(9:00 minutes are left)
Lagwarrior just used: /Lpmode (Something like that)
Inon and Mysteltain have been chosen as Team leaders!

For the rest of the game, Whoever kills Mysteltain or Inon should get maybe +5 per kill. But whoever gets killed by Mysteltain or Inon should give Myst/Inon +1-3 points extra.

The other rule should be that if Myst or Inon wishes to not be the leader (Not targeted by other players), they should be able to say /Lpwithdraw (Something like that) which either passes it on to another teammate, or gets rid of the leader for that game. Also, if a leader should happen to log off or get kicked during that time, the leader player position would be gone for that team for the game. Due to this, there should only be one leader player on each team at a time, and not multiple players as leaders.

At the end of the round, if the player leader obtains more kills than anyone from their team, they should obtain 10-50 points extra for becoming, literally the "leader" for the team. This gives an extra boost of encouragement for that player to not give up the role as a leader.

So this is what it would look like in a real situation:
(Players join blue and red teams)
12 reds vs 12 blues
(9:00 remains)
LagWarrior just used: /Lpmode
Inon and Mysteltain have been chosen as Team leaders!
Inon torpedoed _aperson155_!
+10
+1
(Situation where player wishes to not be leader)
Mysteltain just typed : /Lpwithdraw
Mysteltain has stopped being the leader!
balloon98 has been chosen as Team leader!
(If leader dies)
balloon98 has been destroyed by _aperson155_'s c4!
(aperson155's screen)
+10
+5
(If the leader obtains the most points in their team)
Mysteltain's Kills: 40
(next red player)'s kill: 38
Red has won the round 78: 1!
(Mysteltain's screen)
+100 points
+45 points
+50 points for being the team leader! <--- new addition.

Any feedback or comments would be great!

-_Aperson155_

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Issues.

1 • New Player is leader. Everyone marks this guy and he's completely owned and ragequits. We don't see him again due to him being completely obliterated with 10 people coming at him.
2 • We rehauled the points system to reduce peoples point income. This is going to decelerate that effort.
3 • Why do Myst and Inon get excluded from 5 points? That ruins the purpose of a community aspect. Just because they're bloody good at the game doesn't mean you can walk in and suggest that they don't benefit from the suggestion as much as you do. Thats downright unfair.

Against it.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Issues.

1 • New Player is leader. Everyone marks this guy and he's completely owned and ragequits. We don't see him again due to him being completely obliterated with 10 people coming at him.
2 • We rehauled the points system to reduce peoples point income. This is going to decelerate that effort.
3 • Why do Myst and Inon get excluded from 5 points? That ruins the purpose of a community aspect. Just because they're bloody good at the game doesn't mean you can walk in and suggest that they don't benefit from the suggestion as much as you do. Thats downright unfair.

Against it.
This.

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score
Suggestions:
-Make it a manual command like the zombie apocalypse eg. '/leader Marnixxie' for use of Op+
-When the guy is marked, people get an additional +5 from them, but the marked gets not additional points from kills (as the marked should be a good player, increased point income shouldn't be a problem).
-I honestly would love it if the entire other team threw themselves at me (or at least the ones who knew what the hell was happening) and wouldn't mind missing out on 20 odd points

although it may get tiring when people realise they can get a 1:1+ trade with rockets points-wise when they're fixed.

And the marked player can always say they'd prefer not to be marked.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Suggestions:
-Make it a manual command like the zombie apocalypse eg. '/leader Marnixxie' for use of Op+
-When the guy is marked, people get an additional +5 from them, but the marked gets not additional points from kills (as the marked should be a good player, increased point income shouldn't be a problem).
-I honestly would love it if the entire other team threw themselves at me (or at least the ones who knew what the hell was happening) and wouldn't mind missing out on 20 odd points

although it may get tiring when people realise they can get a 1:1+ trade with rockets points-wise when they're fixed.

Agreed.

Celebrir

Reaction score
/me is killing this thread.
I would like that people who kill people with an kill strike, get more points.

Celebrir is on a killstrike of 20.
Inon rapes celebrir
(Inons screen)
10+ (Lets say it's his first kill, we all know he would be on a 40 killstrike...)
+10 for stopping the killstrike from Celebrir. (You could add anywhere the amount of the killstrike)
:D

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
hmm I am edgy about this just a bit. Although Raziano on your first reason i disagree with that because the person who is team leader most likely isn't going to be new since they probably aren't going to have the most kills since usually regulars are on unless a VetOp does it when round starts but i really doubt that would be done.

aperson155

The ape
Reaction score
How about instead of the leader gaining extra points per kill, they obtain just the points at the end if they receive the most points in their team? And as Inon said,
Suggestions:

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Another issue

This player should be easily seen and located by other players (yellow skins, purple, etc.) and would add a fun addition to the game.
If you pay for the premium accounts, by all means, we can use two new skins... but we're not paying for more premiums afaik.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
I thought about this a little bit. I don't really want a "permanent bounty." But, what about if we make a team leader every round. And it goes to the person who has the most kills after 5 minutes of game play. Because, the other way its all luck. And you will be getting extra points for doing nothing extra. So make some requirements to be able to be team leader as well. Also, I think after every round the person who has the MOST kills on a team, should get 25 points no matter what.

Also being team leader should have some drawbacks. Like every time you die, you lost your OWN 1-3 points+. That way once you become team leader you aren't gaining extreme amounts of points.

Just some thoughts

-Gameprochampion