Last Week On Earth (Reposted!) (NOT ADVERTISING)

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
A thought popped in my head. “You should come with!” I suggested. “We’ll have a lot of fun. Hannah and Anna will be there too”.

She shrugged. “Sure, why not? I’d like some time off”.

“Great!” I said, grinning. Tonight just got better.

An audible shouting noised caused me to turn my head to see the source. It was none other than Hunter, talking as loud as he could with his friends. The beer cans they held in their hands were clearly visible from this distance. They all packed into Hunter’s car and got ready to head off.

“Airheads” I said in disgust.

“No, they’re perfect model students, remember?” Amanda said sarcastically.

Seeing that the walking sign on the crosswalk was ‘walk’, Amanda and I started crossing over, still talking about our lives and what happened today. The loud roar of an engine disrupted our conversation. Hunter’s car was barreling down right after us!

Acting on instinct I pushed Amanda out of harm’s way as the car neared us. I tried to dodge the oncoming vehicle, but I was unable to; everything was happening so quickly. My body was sent flying in the air by the force of the speeding car, the feeling in my legs already gone.

I landed with a loud ‘crack’-ing sound on the road. All of the feeling in my body was entirely gone. My head had been busted open, and I could feel my blood trickling out. My vision started to become blurred.

Hunter’s car swerved around until it spun out of control and flipped over. Their drunken stupidity caused them to probably kill themselves as well. Even though I felt wrong about it, I hoped they actually had perished.

It was the least that could happen for me at this point. I heard the screams of students who had witnessed the crash. Teachers were running around, panicked, and each one was dialing 9-1-1 on their cellphones. Some kids were doing so as well.

I grunted as I tried to get up, but I gave up quickly. My pain was too great for me to move a finger. It was too much for me to bear.

Amanda rushed over to my side. Her tears fell on my face, but I couldn’t even feel them. I couldn’t feel anything. Was this what it was like to die? Was this how my story ends?

“Please, no! Jordan, don’t-“Amanda said between her sobs. “This can’t be… no!”

Other teachers at this point had rushed to my side. They tried to pull Amanda away from me, but she refused to move. They tried taking my pulse, checking my injuries, but I knew it was too late.

I decided to accept the fate that had been thrown at me like a curveball. I had become completely numb to all feelings, including my internal ones. I could no longer think; my brain had given up as well and shut down.

The blare of sirens sounded in the background, but they had no chance of making it. I had been murdered by Hunter. Hunter had killed me.

I was slowly slipping from life, a leaf ready to drop. Amanda was still leaned over me. Using all the strength I could, I lifted up my arm and brought her closer to me even though the pain punished me greatly for this movement. Giving off one last smile, I closed my eyes…

Follow the link in my signiture to see the full story, updated at least once every week!

Summer10

Reaction score
The load roar

Might want to fix that little spelling error, isn't it still advertising if you have to click the link to see the rest of it...?
Anywho, I like the story so far but if you want my advice, I'd say work on the prologue a little bit to make it more in-depth.