Just an idea..

Would you like to see this and/or contribute to this world?

• Total voters

Kordra

Reaction score
I recently had an idea for a new world that we could have in Buildbox. It would be a themed world with only builds constructed around that specific theme, BUT, it wouldn't just be a world where any old shlub could just stroll in and build at whatever they wanted. People would build things for the world, then operators could come review the builds and, if deemed worthy, would be added to the world along with all the other user created buildings. This would make it a community project and anyone could participate. Also, it would be awesome to see the world be built up by the Buildbox community block by block. This could be something we can all enjoy and cherish as our own. Go ahead and vote in the poll above and comment your thoughts. Thanks for you time!

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I've seen a few threads that have mentioned starting up a community build but I don't know if either of those suggestions ever got off on a good start (correct me if I'm wrong). But I don't think that any have mentioned starting a community build in a new world... and to be honest, I think that it would be a neat idea.

How I see Buildbox right now is that a lot of exceptionally great builds are scattered around in each world and it would be nice to have a curated section to showoff builds made by the community for everyone to see. I'm certain that there are other creative servers that have a youtube page (one that starts with voxel..) which show off a player's build and stuff... oh wait, I'm getting off topic..

Yeah. Can we please do something like Kordra mentioned?

• Thank You
Reactions: Kordra

Kordra

Reaction score
I'm split.
There needs to be a good calibre of builds and staff who don't just cherrypick from a few select users. This would be hard to obtain.
This is always going to be a problem no matter what in any scenario. Some people let their bias get in the way of their actual opinion. All you can really do is just rely on the staff to do their jobs, that's what it comes down to. If you really feel like a staff is being rude or bias, I'm sure you could vouch for that with evidence and the other staff would take action. It's a good point, but there is no ultimate solution for human behavior. You just have to deal with it in the here and now.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

nitasu987

Reaction score
I've WISHED AND DREAMED for something like this. The thing is though those who are responsible for judging said creations need to be experts in the style/theme of building. For example, someone who's proven to be experienced in Medieval builds could be a world build reviewer for Medieval stuff.

• Agree

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
I've WISHED AND DREAMED for something like this. The thing is though those who are responsible for judging said creations need to be experts in the style/theme of building. For example, someone who's proven to be experienced in Medieval builds could be a world build reviewer for Medieval stuff.

Too bad there's pretty much nobody who's proficient at that :-(

nitasu987

Reaction score

In the community or in the Minecrafter universe?

I'd imagine you're pretty darn good with Airships and Steampunk-ish stuff?

Jubjubers

Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com

In the community. And airships and Steampunk-ish junk isn't exactly Medieval.

nitasu987

Reaction score

In the community. And airships and Steampunk-ish junk isn't exactly Medieval.

I know, but as another example there could be a steampunk world filled with airships, mechs, and other steampunky things.

• Agree

Kordra

Reaction score

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
I would like this too...
But me being a noob builder I probably would only go there for looking.
(If this is steam punkish could we use world edit to copy the lobby airships. I have had A Dream to sit on them!)

Jubbers get whoever did the lobby that looks great

Jubjubers

Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
I would like this too...
(If this is steam punkish could we use world edit to copy the lobby airships. I have had A Dream to sit on them!)

Uhm..
Who's going to tell them?

Kordra

Reaction score
I would like this too...

Uhm..
Who's going to tell them?
I messaged NillBug but never heard a response. I'll message a few others.

Julia Hansen

Reaction score
this actually is not a bad idea, like kordra said a great way for a community project, but like jub said could be hard to obtain... o.o if anything gets messed up, id feel bad for the staff.... personally, i think it could be a great community thingy ma-bob, and could be a great way to start building with a theme... i'm intrigued :cool: