[/join added to the /store] Guests + should be allowed to /join

Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

Reaction score
I find it very reasonable for guests to be able to do /join. The issue with them not being able to use it is when there is only a trusted ranked person online and if the guest/crafter (myself) would be griefed, it is almost impossible to get a trusted over because of the lack of /join (especially in a flooded map already).

Not including their resource of being with a builder+ in their facility.

trngl3087

Reaction score
Players can spam each other's chat with the command. People that come to the server looking to cause trouble might end up trolling players with it. Having to play on the server long enough to earn 135 cookies warrants the player will use the command responsibly. And as far as I know, Trusted players are not expected to be at every flood/grief. That's an Operator's job. If an Operator ISN'T on the server, then the Trusted player has to make an effort to find it. I think that more than anything shows the player is willing to help others.

Arcius

Reaction score
I can see guests/crafters sitting inside active lava sending out invites just to troll. Most builders know better and if any are seen doing that would be dealt with. The right to use /join is earned, for most players that reach builder, it shows that they are at least serious about the server and not on there for a short while.

Besides, I'm sure that there is a reason this command is set up like it is, despite my minut paranoia.

Reactions: Araidian

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
Sorry Socrates but this aint right a suggestion, like what trngl and arc said people would spam it and also to what trngl said, i was a trusted once but i felt like i had to be at every flood or grief when i could of been focusing on something that could of happened in front of me, another reason is that, this is almost like making /tp trusted. Thats why operator+ have /tp, if a guest gets flooded and you see it in chat and you cant get there i would call an op because sometimes (i said SOMETIMES!) dont pay attention to chat

Brando212

Reaction score
Players can spam each other's chat with the command. People that come to the server looking to cause trouble might end up trolling players with it. Having to play on the server long enough to earn 135 cookies warrants the player will use the command responsibly. And as far as I know, Trusted players are not expected to be at every flood/grief. That's an Operator's job. If an Operator ISN'T on the server, then the Trusted player has to make an effort to find it. I think that more than anything shows the player is willing to help others.
i agree with this, though i would like to make a slight alteration to the OP's suggestion

instead of giving guest+ full acces to /join, at least allow them to be able to accept a /join but not allow them to initiate a /join

that way they can still be invited by other people

Reactions: Jayfeather

fenna

Reaction score
Hm, Actually... Im not sure how I feel about this idea, There are many upsides and downsides to this idea, Personally I'm not sure how the guests would handle useing the command which does worry me and ways that they will use the command. But I do agree with what Trngl has said But the only thing that worrys me is how they might use it but I dont think I like this idea much because of past reasons of what has been shown here and I just dont think it would be smart to let guests use this command.

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
I see no good sides of /join in the hands of guests.
The only thing i see it's that it's easily abusable by guests.
As trngl and Arcius said, imo, it's Builder for a reason.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
i agree with this, though i would like to make a slight alteration to the OP's suggestion

instead of giving guest+ full acces to /join, at least allow them to be able to accept a /join but not allow them to initiate a /join

that way they can still be invited by other people
This, pretty much.

1.) Guests are more susceptible to trolling the invite command.
2.) Guests are only Guests for a short while, then they are Crafters, and all is well.
3.) (Responds to Brando) Why not let them have half the command, can't do any harm.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I think you all have got this wrong.
I think it is not about inviting, but about accepting the invites, which is pretty useful.
Someone getting griefed, gets in panick, and you can easily bring him to a safe spot as Builder+ with inviting the person.
-Positive way of thinking-

Brando212

Reaction score
this is why I think Trusteds should get to have a reverse /join command

"(player name) [Trusted], would like to join your location, type /(command) to accept

socrates

Reaction score
Reverse /join command is known as /tp.

Also, I haven't thought of the trolling that can be done if they had access to it. How about putting a limitation time limit on how many invites they can send in a minute.

EG : 1 invite per minute for guests and 45 seconds for crafters and the rest remains the same.

Specter2k11

Reaction score
Reverse /join command is known as /tp.

Also, I haven't thought of the trolling that can be done if they had access to it. How about putting a limitation time limit on how many invites they can send in a minute.

EG : 1 invite per minute for guests and 45 seconds for crafters and the rest remains the same.
so it's like a 1 minute per troll limit?
NO THANKS.

socrates

Reaction score
Think of it this way, would a guest like to waste their time waiting at 1 minute intervals to troll? the person they're trolling can just tell a trusted + and the trusted can kick the player/ warn them etc accordingly. Trolls don't like waiting too long so they'll just give up and leave. Specter, think better.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Think of it this way, would a guest like to waste their time waiting at 1 minute intervals to troll? the person they're trolling can just tell a trusted + and the trusted can kick the player/ warn them etc accordingly. Trolls don't like waiting too long so they'll just give up and leave. Specter, think better.
Yes they will waste their time with waiting 1 minute to troll, just for the giggles.

Specter2k11

Reaction score
Yes they will waste their time with waiting 1 minute to troll, just for the giggles.
Yes. i'm thinking better. trolls do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.