jennifahhkiller Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
IGN: jennifahhkiller
Time-zone: EST (I live in Massachusetts :))

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
Well, since I don't attend school or have a job (I'm taking a year off from life) I could probably be on 5+ hours a day. I'm always on in the afternoon (12-4) and then from like 6-10 pm.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
I personally think that an OP serves many roles on a server, for one they demonstrate whether or not they actually care whether or not someone is griefing/spleefing/being rude. The OP is the voice of reason in those cases, and not being a passive butthead and just going around doing nothing for an entire game. An OP should be responsible, mature, and helpful at all times. If there's a problem between players an OP should listen to both sides of the story before jumping to conclusions. An OP should also treat each player with equality and respect, and if they don't then they shouldn't be an operator in the first place.
What sets you apart from other applicants?
Well, I have staffing experience (not on blocktopia). I was an OP on a friend of mines SMP server a year or so ago. I tried my hardest to help resolve issues between players and create a fun and friendly environment for everyone. If I am appointed a OP position on the server I will give 100% effort-wise :)​

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I'd say how long I have been playing lsmp. I really got into it a few weeks ago and I don't know *all* of the staffing commands that lsmp involves. However, I will put as much time that is necessary into learning how to use them and when to use them!

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I would ask another staff member what they think of the situation and how I should handle it. It's never a bad thing to ask for help or a different view on a situation!
References:
I asked Sploorky to write me a reference! :) So it shall be a few days.

Sploorky

Reaction score
I said I'd think about it, not that I would reference right away. In the application format, it says you need one member of the staff to support your application. If you didn't have it, why make the application at the time?

This honestly worries me.

However, I've never had any issues with you, and from what I notice, you have an admirable personality(at least on teamspeak), which I like. So here's what I'm going to do. I'll leave the application open for the time being. In that time, ask around for references(from people other than me). If you can get a reference, application goes along as per usual. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.