JappaApple -Trusted- 10/25/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayApple

Reaction score
Your In-Game Name: JappaApple

Do you have any alternate accounts that can also play Premium? If so, what are their names: ~

What is your Timezone? PST

Who has agreed to reference you? (You need AT LEAST 1 staff reference):
lovedaice, JWhitty, and capt_pikmin

What is your current real life age? (Don't be Shy) 17

How many hours have you played on AOD in total? (Use /timeonline to check)
I have played for 6 days, 2 hours, and 8 minutes.

How active are you on the server, and how often do you come on?

I'm actually pretty active. I get on AoD almost everyday, but I don't usually get on when theres not a lot of people.

Do you have any past experience staffing in Blocktopia?
I staffed on Avant's server. (But I don't really think that counts...)

What would you say your biggest weakness is, and how would you work to improve it? My biggest weakness is getting angry with people. I've been told about it by one of my refs, and I'm trying really hard to improve on my attitude.

What achievements within Blocktopia are you most proud of? My achievement is becoming friends with a lot of people. Even though I never got OP on Zombie Survival like I always wanted, I am still proud of being part of this community.

Why do you deserve the rank? I think I deserve this rank because I'm really active on this server and when it comes to it, I will be really mature if I'm in a bad situation. But if theres a situation I'm not really sure how to handle, I'm not afraid to ask for help. Also I've helped catch some players breaking rules a couple of times and informed someone as quickly as I could.

Add any other extra information here which you think will benefit your application I've actually got warned. I honestly don't remember why, but I know I said something rude to everyone that I was playing with. The reason was because they were really bothering me I tried to tell them to stop but it didn't work. I even got someone to tell them to stop. Besides that, I want to make a positive impact on this server. I like to make things fun and happy even though AoD, I know, could be really frustrating sometimes.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
You applied! <3

I gave you a reference for a reason. A couple reasons, actually. One of those reasons is I feel as though you are ready to take on the position of Trusted, and are willing and able to do good for this server.

I do see you a lot, especially if you bug me to get on via Steam, or when you report someone. I really would like to see you as a staff member.

A big +1 from me.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I have read the logs within the last week of you being on the server and I have not seen how a staff member should act on the server. I understand you acknowledge you have a slight anger problem but I'm sure you are fully capable to control that. I did not see you helping at all on the server. Then I noticed you constantly tlk lk dis on the server. I'm not one to be so stick on grammar but when you constantly talk like that on the server when you're suppose to be representing the server it doesn't look good for our server. Sorry but I'm going to go with a -1.

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok well while you are into removing comments, I'll give you the chance to read this one: Now unless rules have changed in my absence I think that when a player is given trusted they are put in a trial period. Now during this period, that is when upper staff let the player know how to change their mannerisms and help the server prosper. While there may be other reasons to prevent a player from entering this stage, there is typically no reason to take away the chance for the player to show their true passion towards the server. So basically there is a few things going on; personal vendettas are arising, biasing your choice, you truly think she is not ready despite being here for quite a long time, etc. But basically all I can read that comment as is: "Fuck you, -1"

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Ok well while you are into removing comments, I'll give you the chance to read this one: Now unless rules have changed in my absence I think that when a player is given trusted they are put in a trial period. Now during this period, that is when upper staff let the player know how to change their mannerisms and help the server prosper. While there may be other reasons to prevent a player from entering this stage, there is typically no reason to take away the chance for the player to show their true passion towards the server. So basically there is a few things going on; personal vendettas are arising, biasing your choice, you truly think she is not ready despite being here for quite a long time, etc. But basically all I can read that comment as is: "Fuck you, -1"
Before I start I want to apologies Mach. I originally didn't see your "jk, good luck!" in the white text under your "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" comment. As I'm sure you're aware it is quite hard to see white text in a post in less you look directly at the spot. Now back to your above comment. I believe you are looking back how zombie classic ran there applications for trusted. You would get so many trusted to reference you and you would get instantly promoted. Well this does not apply to AoD and we look at staff applications differently. I had logs weeks prior to her application and after her application was posted from the IRC. I had read through them and I made my judgments off of them. One of the main things we/I look for is the applicant to be giving there 110% on the server helping out as much as possible. This was not the case and I hope Jappa wasn't offended by anything I wrote on my previous reply but that's how I seen things through the logs. I was not being bias in anyway when I made my decisions whether or not Jappa should of been accepted as trusted trial. Now since this situation has gotten fare out of hand as is let's continue the application with the remaining staff voting.

Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait for my vote. Jappa, I think you are active, mature and friendly but at first I didn't see any of your help on the server then I asked love & jwhitty if you helped out and they said that you helped catch hackers as well. If you can catch hackers then you should be very helpful to the staff team. My vote will be a +1, good luck to you. :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Henry and JayApple

JayApple

Reaction score
I have read the logs within the last week of you being on the server and I have not seen how a staff member should act on the server. I understand you acknowledge you have a slight anger problem but I'm sure you are fully capable to control that. I did not see you helping at all on the server. Then I noticed you constantly tlk lk dis on the server. I'm not one to be so stick on grammar but when you constantly talk like that on the server when you're suppose to be representing the server it doesn't look good for our server. Sorry but I'm going to go with a -1.
oh, and the reason you didn't see logs of me helping out, is because i would tell love if something was going on. it was really the only thing i could've done?

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
To start, my apologies for the horrifically late decision on this application, it has been havoc in Baker-town!

I was initially excited to see the application considering the +1's and enthusiasm that was present. However I must say that I was disappointed when it came to reviewing your performance in server logs. Looking back over an entire week's activity, there was only one instance that I saw you trying to help out. Unfortunately, for the rest of the time, I can't say the way you presented yourself was particularly impressive either. From the logs it is clear that all examples of shortened English were carried out in a joking manner, rather than capability, but I simply did not see any other evidence of you conducting yourself in a way that would be expected of a staff member, nor that showcased your skills and maturity, which is at the end of the day, what you are trying to do.

While it is clear that you hold an enthusiastic approach to the server and players on it, you simply haven't displayed your positive attributes that drive you to want to join the staff team on the server. Whether you discuss or report in TS or other external means is absolutely fine, but it remains that any staff member will need to have a strong presence in the chat. You are awesomely active, but unfortunately I simply can't accept the application on activity alone. Please do work on displaying your maturity and skills more clearly, and I would be happy to accept future applications, as I certainly can tell that the interest and enthusiasm to help is there, it is just seeing if the skillset is there as well!

Once again, apologies for the time it has taken to process this, and I do hope you understand the issues that I was faced with when evaluating this application. If you should have any queries, please do not hesitate to PM me!

(As a side note, Mach9824 , please do refrain from posting in staff applications that are not of concern to you, it only drags them off-course! Instead, do the polite and productive thing and contact me via PM if you have an issue with how something is being handled :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.