James81818/Imjonnyboys Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
IGN: Imjonnyboy( James81818 on classic)

Time-zone:GMT+1

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? Most likely 1-3 hours. It could be above this depending on if I have sport or not, but it will always be above an hour a day unless in special circumstances.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
Well, I think an operator has a lot of roles. For a start, simply the image of the server. For new players joining the server, the staff can say a lot about the server and that is one of the reasons why it is important to be helpful, responsible and mature. As an op, I feel that you should also approach problems with a mature attitude and listen to all sides of the story. When helping new players, you should always be patient, and also, from my previous days of staffing zombie, I have noticed that you should deal with the situation according to the player. Some may struggle with English, some may just be younger players, and I think that it is important to help them in the correct way. An op should also be humble. I know that this isn't a responsibility of an op, but I think it is important. Yes an op has more commands and is there to help, but they are still equal to everyone else. In general, an op should try and help the player base and other staff to the best of there ability and treat others with respect at all times.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
Well, I have recently resigned from being an operator on zombie, so I have staffing experience. Altogether, I staffed about five months on zombie with about 3 as trusted before that. This time has given me a chance to improve on my weaker qualities and has taught me how to deal with most situations. I also try my best as an operator. If I am staffing a server, I will give it 100% effort. Recently I have been asking a lot of questions so that I know the answers for the future. I know the commands a player will tend to use and the general questions ask, and will be more than willing to answer any questions ask. I will deal with all situations to the best of my ability and try to always be friendly, helpful, responsible and mature so that players can feel confident in coming to me for help.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
Possibly my lack of premium knowledge, I have only recently been learning more about premium as I took an interest in Lsmp. However I have been working hard to improve on this, and although I am not positive about all the staffing commands that Lsmp would involve, I would put as much time as necessary into learning how to use them and when to use them.
How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
Well, if a controller or other staff member was online or on irc/teamspeak I would ask them for their opinion on how to deal with the situation.
If there wasn't any or I didn't have time to do that, I would probably just try and deal with the situation to the best of my knowledge in a mature fashion.

Also, just some additional things I hope you don't mind me adding. If I was accepted as an operator, an important thing for me to remember is that I still have a lot to learn. No, I wouldn't be a perfect staff member, but I would continue to work hard to improve. I have also had some activity problems due to controlled assessments, however these are now over so my activity can pick up far more.

Just want to thank you for reading this!
James81818/Imjonnyboy

Thank you

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
Alright, you really are a nice player and I have witnessed those times of you being one. But, you don't help out with problems, questions and etc. I want you to help out more before you consider applying instead of just being a good player and I really need to see you on more often.

For now, my vote is 0.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Alright, you really are a nice player and I have witnessed those times of you being one. But, you don't help out with problems, questions and etc. I want you to help out more before you consider applying instead of just being a good player and I really need to see you on more often.

For now, my vote is 0.
Alright, I will try my very best to work on this, and if I don't get accepted, I will continue to work on this and try again in a few weeks :)
Thanks!

Sploorky

Reaction score
On the same boat as Shande. You're an awesome player, and I would love to see you help out more. What I do see is that you are trying to improve yourself after receiving feedback, which is a great quality of a staff member. I'm willing to give this a +1, because you are improving, and I trust you will continue to improve.

Also your application is written very well, good job.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Flipping back and forth between opinions, agreeing with both.
Very good player and I appreciate your enthusiasm to try and demonstrate you are ready with a good application too.
Past experience with staffing also doesn't hurt to have.
Those being the positives and the others stating the negative: more helpfulness please! I believe this is something you know how to improve on anyways. So +1 from me.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, every time that I have seen you on the server as a player, I have been noticing of how helpful that you are trying to exceed to. I love seeing how friendly you are to the other players, and seeing that you give your best efforts to help them out. The one thing that I want to see more out of you, is not only being more verbally helpful, but also being more socially active amongst the players. For example, offering to help other players build their base/shelter, and helping to supply them with any tool that they need to help complete their base. I know you have this in you, and I won't be surprised to see you helping beyond your capacity in this part as soon as you know it.

I'm going to trust that you will work harder with helping out if you do get accepted, and going with a +1.

Keep up the good work, because it will pay off eventually.

• Informative
Reactions: Vatowski
Status
Not open for further replies.