Item Suggestion: Flamethrower

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Basically, you place a block (pink?) and it shoot out a pillar of lava two blocks tall and one block wide in the direction you are facing. Every 3 blocks it travels, it widens by 2. It destroys all blocks excluding metal in its path. After it travels 9 blocks it dies out. There could be an upgrade to make it wider, melt metal, and an upgrade to make it travel farther. Some of you may say this is similar to shotgun, but the purpose of this is to be used in bigger fights or to drive people back. Also it is two blocks high, so you can't jump it, forcing you to run. The price should be around 50 points? This is intended to be a "heavy" weapon.

Reactions: Luigi and Amorix

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
I like the idea, though it sounds a bit like the multiple height upgrade for the pistol, which has been rejected before...
But it seems like a good idea!

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I think he meant multiple height pistols and lasers that counter jumping, this is multiple height, but you can just run because it would move at walking speed, its main use would be to trap someone against a wall or clear control points as Darth said.
EDIT: Just curious, is this codable?

• Agree
Reactions: Luigi

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
I went out to the testing area and made up a quick example.
Is this what it might look like, hihihi?

The bricks are lava which belongs to the farthest right block. Mossy is the block you place(Can be any block).
Might not get much wider after this, but this shows the general idea, I hope.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Aye, what I meant by multi height weapons was double height lasers etc. As in a 2D surface on multiple layers.

I'm not AGAINST this idea, I'm just not sure how much it'd be used. (And also we have nobody to code it unless KingSam thinks it's the best idea in the world and attempts to).

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I went out to the testing area and made up a quick example.
Is this what it might look like, hihihi?

The bricks are lava which belongs to the farthest right block. Mossy is the block you place(Can be any block).
Might not get much wider after this, but this shows the general idea, I hope.
Ya, thats the general idea.
EDIT: Actually, it would go a bit farther forward

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Aye, what I meant by multi height weapons was double height lasers etc. As in a 2D surface on multiple layers.

I'm not AGAINST this idea, I'm just not sure how much it'd be used. (And also we have nobody to code it unless KingSam thinks it's the best idea in the world and attempts to).
But do you think its code-able?