Item Idea-Sentry Gun

ZoraArmor63

Reaction score
The sentry gun auto fires at anyone in a 5 block radius in four directions. It is two blocks high but only the top block fires. It costs (?) points. (Not sure about the point value of it. Possibly 100?) It can be dismantled and placed in another area, however doing so will require (?) points, half of the original points. It must be relocated, it cannot be picked up in the last thirty seconds to have the next round, it will disappear if you do. Only the creator may move it. They only way to destroy is nukes.

Range upgrades: diagonal shot: 7500 +3 range (to make 8 range): 5000 points (can be flipped in the upgrade path on the server, I don't care)

Other upgrade: Camo: will turn the sentry gun invisible for minutes and seconds specified with a payment of 25 points per 15 seconds (if you're lazy, 100 points a minute) by using /camo [minutes] [seconds] (can only be 15, 30, or 45 seconds).
Costs 15000.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Immediately associating this with things like the megapulser and the turret, which are OP to begin with [and have the similar attributes as this]

Which gets more kills in a minute than lava does on Evil in 10 minutes.

So, very no no from me.

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter

ZoraArmor63

Reaction score
1 - Having no way to remove it (expect spending 1000 points) is really overpowered.
2 - It can be used for spawn-killing.
3 - Using it does not require any skill, zombies all over again.

I am against this if you haven't noticed.
Never said anthing about 1000 points to remove, I said half of whatever decided price. also, you can get rid of it for free by simply punching it, to claim it back for half price to relocate you must stand near it for 10 seconds.
Immediately associating this with things like the megapulser and the turret, which are OP to begin with [and have the similar attributes as this]

Which gets more kills in a minute than lava does on Evil in 10 minutes.

So, very no no from me.
Not rapid fire, if that is what a turret does. It requires a 10 second recharge to fire again. Also cannot shoot in all four directions at once, as I believe that is what a pulser does. Should have been more clear about that.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
He meant that the enemy needs to buy a nuke to destroy it. Which is ridiculous.

Also, even if you did add an alternate means, being able to get near it would be hard enough as well. I could put 4 turrets near each other in a close quarters area, and they would pay themselves in about a minute, with no effort.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I also don't like this idea for 3 reasons. Overpowered and like raz said it requires no skill also place 1 sentrygun near a spawnpoint and at the end of the round you would have like 2000 more points

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
This would be overpowered a lot, think about this though, if the person who goes offline who placed the sentry gun, does the sentry gun still go forward to shooting people or does it stop?

Chao

Reaction score
This is too overpowered. Almost impossible to destroy...really? This weapon requires NO skill and I do NOT look forward to this weapon.

Dah_Bomb

Reaction score
I dont mind it but... there should be an easier way to destroy it.
Such as an grenade etc.