Is this possible?

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
I just wondering if this would be possible. Would it be possible to make a way to set up stages in a map. (Example: You start in the first part of the map. Then when X number of min. go by, a passage(s) would open up to allow access to the second part of the map.) It would be like "Operation Metro from Battlefield 3"

Summer10

Reaction score
I don't know if it could be added but it wouldn't be very useful since before the round starts people are scrambling to find good spots and opening a door 5 or so minutes in wouldn't be very useful to them.
On runner maps if the map is too small in the beginning then players will die and it wouldn't be worth all the hassle in the long run TBH.

bored38496

Reaction score
You could probably get something working with physics, and have a really long line of whatever attached to the door, I'm not really sure how it'd work exactly, but after it's triggered, it could take X minutes until the door to the next stage opens.

Like the doors in vault, but it takes waaaaaaay longer

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
You could probably get something working with physics, and have a really long line of whatever attached to the door, I'm not really sure how it'd work exactly, but after it's triggered, it could take X minutes until the door to the next stage opens.

Like the doors in vault, but it takes waaaaaaay longer
this. I wonder if you extended a massive wall into the sky if it would take longer than a couple of minutes to physics downwards.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Interesting idea, though I'd leave it to the ops to open the ways manually rather than trying to work in timed doors.

Sometimes you might want a larger area from the start, other times a small confned area. Leave it to those overseeing the game to decide?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Interesting idea, though I'd leave it to the ops to open the ways manually rather than trying to work in timed doors.

Sometimes you might want a larger area from the start, other times a small confned area. Leave it to those overseeing the game to decide?
But, if there is no overseeing, You will stay in that small area and die probabily.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
What about like the tnt doors where there is an open and close button. But include the option to removed the close button. Then just hide the buttons (of course next to the door.)

On the thing about the playing area too small maybe make a minimum size that the map has to be. To be able to include this feature.