Declined [Infection] Zora Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Name: Zora Tag
Author: Catcocomica
Game type: infection
world border: self-contained (barrier wall)
Download: /warp ZoraTag
Game Time: irrelevant
Round Time: 5 minutes?
Minimum Players: 3
Maximum Players: let's start with 12?
Notes:
*don't bother putting depth strider on anything other than the boots; it caps at tier 3.
if it's easier to leave the enchants as they are, that works too.
*eternal water breathing will make underwater vision very clear.
Prep Time: 30 seconds
Spawns: one on each of the islands.
Sprint: yes
Kits:

Screenshots:

Ignore the massive shadow and huge island floating above the map; that's just another zombie map that I may submit a little later.

Poe

Contributor
Reaction score
Good concept but nope, it takes too long to ascend and descend which leads to annoying gameplay.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Iggish
G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the submission!

The idea behind this map is interesting, but I do have some concerns regarding the structure of the map. Like Poe has mentioned, the ascension and descension aspects of the map seem a bit annoying. I suggest making the tunnels less steep and opening up the entrances. I rather see the tunnels be more important than the open area of the ocean floor as running around on mainly flat surfaces, even if it is underwater, is not super interesting. It would be nice to see the tunnel system expanded more as well, since it only covers a small portion of the map.

The map could probably include more decoration or block variation. Currently, dirt and stone make up the parts above water, gravel and sand the ocean floor, and stone with sea lanterns in the tunnels. Aesthetics wise, it could use more in my opinion.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi Catco, I want to thank you for sumbitting another map.

I am going to only point out on things right now, as in my opinion the map will not work as it is right now, and that has to do with descending and ascending. I have been swimming around your map for a bit now and I two things really stood out.

The first being, I actually really enjoy the concept. Swimming around with the Zora Slippers (+100% speed and depth strider) is a nice experience. It is unique, it is enjoyable swimming through the caves and (in my opinion) would provide some nice gameplay.

Second thing being, however, the entrances to the caves are quite steep, the turns inside the caves are sudden, and overall you move too fast to swim around care-free. What I would like, is being able to swim around without having to stop/slowdown/make crazy whirlpool movements to get inside/outside caves or swim through them.

Making the caves wider, the map overall much larger, and the opening to the tunnels easier to go into, would turn the map from being a questionable concept to being a great map with a unique feature.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi catco, thanks for the submission.

I certainly think water infection would be an interesting concept, and its certainly different from what we currently have on the server.
However, I think there are a few problems with it. The main issue at the moment is, although sideways movement is fine, moving up and down is very slow. Especially in your map where there are lots of tunnels, this is quite problematic.

I understand you had some issues with world edit, although I presume you are no longer intending on updating this map?:
" Zora Tag isn't likely to see any changes/updates any time soon, since I am no longer in the appropriate phase/mindset for that map."

If you want to resubmit this map after working on some changes, then feel free. For now though,
-Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.