Reaction score
Map Name: Penance
Map Author: Rikumaru
Game Type: Infection
Map Worldborder:
Contained (64 x 64)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/racbaf545fk2l0a/Penance+AoD.rar
Round Time: 5 Min
Jump pads: 2 Jump Pads. One jump pad on an outside section of the map launches you 9 blocks high. Second jump pad located in an inside section of the map launches you 16 blocks high.
Preparation Time: 30 Seconds
Spawn Location:
Can sprint: No team can sprint
Fall damage: No fall damage.
Can drown: No drowning
Kits: Zombies and humans both have speed 1 and invisibility for the entire duration of round. Armor is black leather chest, leggings, helmet and boots. Humans and Zombies cannot break blocks or build.
Screenshots:

This map is an updated version of a map ive made on the previous zombie survival. Its designed as a runner map and for humans to be constantly on the move. It's a rather simplistic map based from the map Damnation from Halo: Reach and Halo 1.

Reactions: Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok, after running around the map (no sprinting, just with speed 1), I am impressed by it. It is simple in design, not too confusing and has a nice flow. While it is simple, it also looks nice and clean which is a must in a good map.
I can only see one problem with the map and this is when you fall into the water and if you are on the wrong side when you fall in, you are doomed, as there is only one exit out of the water and it takes a long time to swim. As this is a small map, hunters will definitely pounce upon the survivor and tag him. However, if it was like this prevously and it worked (consider it as a gamble to try to escape, it's a risk and you may fail), then it shouldn't be a problem
I vaguely remember this map from ages ago and if it was good enough for the server back then, I think it is good enough for the present,
+1

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
I definitely agree with Iggy.
The map is smooth, has good aesthetics and there's no real major flaw.
It will be hard to escape hunters if they surround you in one of those narrow corridors but I'm willing to give the map a try and see how it performs.
I'm sure this map will make a great addition to the infection maps , therefore it's a big +1 from me

Rikumaru

Reaction score
I can add a pathway up one of the rock pillars providing a 2nd route out of the water if you think it would improve gameplay.

EDIT- After double checking the map, there is a 2nd route out of the water via a rock pillar.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Iggish

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I think the map will work well for lower player counts as its a little smaller than most of the infection maps we currently have. Overall though, I do like it, so we'll give it a try!
-Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.