Round Time: 6 min
Prep Time: 30 seconds
Fall Damage: No fall damage!
Spawn Location:

Enjoy two screenshots:

Last edited:
G

Guest35486

Hi Masnijt and Special_H, thanks for the submission!

Overall, the map looks nice and has some interesting concepts to it. I like how most areas provide at least two ways in, even if one side may seem easier. One thing that I've noticed is that you've included redstone mechanisms throughout the map. This can be interesting and I'm glad that you took note to make sure players cannot disable them again to make others illegal.

However, I do have one main concern for the map:

There are so many places that people could hide in. While having parkour and tunnels can be fun for Infection, having so many spots where players can just sneak and hide the whole round may be problematic. I've included some screenshots. Note that these were taken in spectator mode, so some blocks/walls are invisible.

Ladder parkour, really dark

Multiple tunnels

Tunnel between water and small parkour

Small room (connected to the ladder parkour)

Reactions: HKCaper

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi Masnijt and Special_H,

I find it awesome you decided to build a map for AoD, and want to thank both of you for the work you did. First I wanna say the maps has overall nice parkour, and like Arelic said areas (mostly) provide good accessibility (you can go in and out easily, also when being chased by).

While I agree with the points mentioned by Arelic, I do have some extra remarks:

In these two locations, if you fall in and you are being chased, it will be very hard to get out, since there is only one spot where you can leave these pits.

While this parkour is actually quite nice, this last jump is extremely difficult, because it is a head hitter jump (you hit the ceiling when you jump). When being chased it wil be hard to make it in one try, causing you to fall down, resulting in being caught.

This is just a tiny remark. These barrier block jumps can be confusing.

I personally find this water bit annoying, because if you fall in you have to swim back up, up stream. When being chased, this will be deathly as well, but can also be easy to avoid.

As always, feel free to agree/disagree with my points. And if you need me to help you out with some of the points or explain some things in either Dutch or English, contact me ingame :).

A last thing, I think the cactuses look really nice, and I am a big fan of the lamas.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the map both of you.
When I first saw a screenshot of the map I had my doubts on how well it would work, but after having a look at it on Create I think it'd work really well. There's always a second exit and lots of places to run.

I agree with most of what HK said so we've made a few small tweaks to the map so it should work flawlessly. The map is now on the server, so just make sure its imported correctly when you play it.

-Accepted

Reactions: HKCaper
Status
Not open for further replies.