Accepted Infected_alien8's Moderator application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Steam Username/Steam ID (use http://steamidfinder.com/): infected_alien8 (AKA Inffy, currently) / STEAM_0:1:53972234

Timezone: GMT

Previous moderating experiences: AoD controller and Blocktopia TTT operator

Ever had any experiences playing Gmod before?: I have 1100 hours spent on Gmod, most of which is spent on TTT, and I've been playing for just over a year, including being a staff member on Blocktopia TTT.

What responsibilities will you have on this server as a moderator?: As a moderator I would have many responsibilities, the first being to keep things fun and light-hearted but to step in and take action if players are ruining that fun atmosphere. My main goal will to keep the server a fun and friendly place and not only will I have the responsibility of handling the tools and commands required to maintain this but I will also have the responsibility of being a friendly moderator who is completely approachable to all players, whether they have a question or just want to talk. Regarding rule-breakers, I would have the responsibility of giving out fair punishments if needed, keeping the server environment a happy and safe one. Finally, as a moderator it would be my duty to put all moderation over playing the game, meaning that, regardless of how well my Traitor round is going, I would stop playing if I were in need to moderate a situation.

Why should I choose you over other applicants?: First, one thing that I feel sets me apart from others is that I really do have a strong passion and desire to aid others; I truly want to help out in any way possible regardless of whether I have a moderator rank or not, but having the rank allows me to use commands to help people even more. I’m also very friendly and approachable– in a staff position I do my very best to make players feel comfortable with talking to me (for any reason – help, advice, reports or just a friendly chat) and make sure that nobody feels intimidated just because of a server rank. I'm also an extremely committed staff member - I vow to never let anyone down and my activity on a server that I staff is always extremely high. I also feel as though my ontime on Gmod is valuable; it shows my love, my high activity and my experience of TTT.

What do you think would be the difference in staffing on a steam-related server compared to a minecraft server?: Many things would differ in staffing a Steam server to a Minecraft server. For example, Steam-related servers use microphone functions, adding another layer of chat to moderate. The commands are also different, meaning that the options for moderation vary to the options in Minecraft (e.g. !slaynr is available in TTT). Next, in order to have access to Steam the player must be at least 13 years old and so the rules regarding language are slightly more lenient. The ability to change names at any moment on Steam can also cause identity and evasion problems – ones that are absent in a Minecraft server – as well as the use of sprays which can be used inappropriately. Finally, applications such as IRC and other forms of external moderation are not available and so moderation is based on actually being in game.

What do you do in a situation that you have no experience in or cannot solve yourself?: I would contact other staff members immediately for advice and opinions and, if all else fails, contact an administrator. If - for whatever reason - nobody can be contacted, I would use my initiative and judgment to make the fairest possible decision to maintain the stability of the server.

References (not needed but could help): N/A

EDIT: I am able to use TeamSpeak!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.