Declined [INCORRECT FORMAT] [Comp][Deathrun] DR_Octodome

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Captain Cuttlefish has sent you and your friends off on a mission to investigate this very specific Octodome of which he apparently heard rumors about there being some big secret new Octoweapon being built.
When you and your squad land in there, however, you find it's a trap and must now escape the dome as a giant wave of octo ink chases you.

This is a fairly short and fast map themed kind of a bit after some of the Octodomes (maybe) from Splatoon's single player campaign.

map author: Catcocomics
map name: come on silly shrimp, it's in the title: DR_Octodome
map time: over all, it should be less than five minutes, it should be based on how fast the lava flows + 30 seconds for startup and 30 seconds after the lava has reached the end ladder.

Spawn:

Note that the purple barrier around the spawn goes away after the first 30 seconds to release the players.

That button that sends you to latest checkpoint:

This and spawn should be protected from lava with your standard Acme spawn protection.

Timers:

They've been placed at either side of spawn and will go off at the same exact time that the purple barrier vanishes (30 seconds in), so the players are literally running for their inky lives.

Checkpoints and "Launchpads" (the orange things with a pressure plate on them outside spawn that are supposed to send players to the checkpoint of the corresponding number) are labelled with signs.

Here's the rest of the screenshots:
first room:

Second room:

Final room:

Goal:

Notes: there are two walls and one checkpoint barrier that must disappear at specific times:

This great big wall between the first and second parts (it's 3 blocks thick, so bear that in mind), as well as the purple glass panes (directly in front of the first checkpoint. can't miss it) in the second room, are to disappear right after the first wave of lava floods the first room to max capacity.

This vastly smaller wall between the second and third rooms is to disappear as soon as the second wave of lava completely fills its room (technically, it's the first wave carried over from the first room, but idc).
The third room will not have barriers blocking the second checkpoint because the third room is a puzzle room, and the pressure here relies heavily on the best player's performance in the second room.
Also bear in mind that there is no launchpad at the end of the third room. instead, there is a ladder, which may or may not burn up when the lava hits it, so people may or may not get screwed over if they don't make it in this segment.

Notes:
well, someone requested that new, post 1.7 blocks be used, so I used the following:
Andesite (for goal)
Red Sandstone (every variety except stairs) third room
Prismarine (every variety including Sea Lantern) second room
Purpur (Standard and Pillar) first room

All signs except for the two in the goal room must be removed in the final product

set biome to something overworld like plains so that the lava is slow enough to escape.

I saw the thing in comp spawn telling us not to do big cubes.
I mean, my entry is kind of a "big cube", but I made sure it was mostly sunk into the ground, so it's very easy to fly over and not get needlessly and inconveniently obstructed.

If there are any questions or you need me to clarify me, either tag me, pm me, or just get my attention when I'm on.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Sorry Catcocomics, going to "deny" this for now. Please repost this using the proper format, so we can actually have a warp to view the map, the details we need and screenshots using the default resource pack. The RoF map submission format is at http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/rof-map-submission-format.17210/ if you require it. You can repost this as soon as you're ready. It's just that it makes the application a lot clearer and will generally make your process a lot smoother.

Thank you!

• Winner
  • Thank You
Reactions: Lux and Notme