Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Account Name: iiDeathCookies

Age 12.

Timezone: BST (+1), UK.

References (Op+): SalientGorilla, Marlem, EpicFailCow.

Approx. time spent on BBB: 90 hours. EDIT: About 115 hours now.

Previous staff experience: I was Trusted on Lava. I admit, I was demoted. However, that was a year and a month ago, and I believe I've matured up quite a fair bit since then.
I have previously helped close friends with their servers. Sure, they weren't as popular as Blocktopia, nonetheless, I suppose it still counts.

Other notable contributions/feats/skills? I'm generally a friendly, helpful girl, who tries her best to make everything fair. My art teacher at school believes I'm very creative, thus I could help people improve their builds, if need be, or they want me to do so.
Other than that, I am quite skilled in being a good friend, according to the people I know. Thus, being able to form a better friendship between myself and the playerbase, so that the players enjoy their time on the server more.

What do you think the role entails? Well, I believe Buildbox is about releasing all those ideas you have, and to let your imagination go wild. Thus, as an Operator, I believe you need to influence that among the playerbase. Help them with their imagination, and release their inner artist.
I also believe you should solve any grief issues, and solve any conflicts in general. Another thing, is that I highly recommend staff members building (Pun not intended) a very good friendship with the playerbase. When the staff are good friends with the rest of the community, it makes us look so much more welcoming, people will feel more comfortable, and most importantly, they will get the most out of their time online.
Basically, an Operator should be there when players need help, whether it be with commands, or actual building. They should be non-biased, and 100% honest, all the time. However, should still be welcoming, and friendly.

Why do you want this position? I have been told many times that I am a generally helpful, understanding person, and I would love to put those skills to use.
I love being there to help people, and if I get a chance to, I will happily take it. I'm fairly confident with the playerbase right now, and I am willing to build new friendships with newer players, alongside the current ones. Not to mention, I am highly willing to help them out with whatever they desire.
Helping people is one of the many things I adore doing, alongside making gameplay even funner for other players, and being an all-round loyal friend.
Another thing, is that I do try to help players, as the rank I am already. However, I do not want to be backseat Operating.

Additional/final notes: As I mentioned earlier on, I was once demoted on Lava Survival. However, please do not let that effect your decision. I have definitely matured a lot since then, and I know the playerbase a lot more.
I do not use WorldEdit, as I influence building with hand, as it often helps with detail. However, I am more than willing to learn about it, if need be.
On the other hand, I am definitely willing to help anybody who needs the help. You can count on me, whether it be a simple conflict amongst the players, grief, or somebody just wants some help, as I will be there to do the job.
Not to mention, I doubt I will get bored of this server. I love seeing the new builds, as you never know what you're going to get.

-Zel, iiDeathCookies

TheFurion101

Nostalgic
Reaction score
1. I like this. Your application is very good, you are a great person to be around with too.
2. On lava, you were one of many that were demoted due to not doing their job, and just chatting. I will assume that you have changed, and give you a +1, because you are active, helpful, known a lot, and friendly.
3. If you don't use worldedit, or voxelsniper, I suggest you learn the commands.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Right. I have a lot of things to say about you as a person and this application.

Let's start from the beginning. I've known you personally for the best part of 6 months and it's clear you want this position. Your application is one of the best I've personally seen and had to judge. I've known you as one of my best friends for a good while now and as such have seen most aspects of you as a person. Granted, I may be a little biased by this but I'll try not to let it sway me too much. Your lack of WorldEdit knowledge worries me a little but I'm sure you can learn. I've seen your good days, bad days and general silly days but nothing stands out to me as being not mature enough for the rank of Operator. I believe you'll be ready for this.

+1 for a trial.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Thanks. That actually made me smile.
If I'm ever having a bad day, I promise not to bring it on the server.
As for WorldEdit, I'll start learning now, if need be. c:

EDIT: I can now replace liquids. So, I suppose that's a start.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You're an active, helpful person. I don't have any problems with you becoming staff on BuildBox, I don't see why fellow staff are so 'worried' about you lacking WE/VS knowledge, It's a simple thing that you can learn over the course of time. I personally don't believe it should bias your opportunity to become Op.

+1

Reactions: Araidian

EpicFailCow

Failing Op
Reaction score
I am speechless. No, not really. +1 w/ extra reference because I truly believe iiDeathCookies would make an amazing operator. iiDeathCookies has all the skills required, and that is all I know. Good luck on your application!

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like an ass, but as I've stated in game, I'm not going to give a +1 until she learns how to use World Edit at an intermediate level, knowing how stuff works is part of being staff, so for now my vote sits at 0.

• Disagree
Reactions: Friendy

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like an ass, but as I've stated in game, I'm not going to give a +1 until she learns how to use World Edit at an intermediate level, knowing how stuff works is part of being staff, so for now my vote sits at 0.
I was promoted to staff without the knowledge of World Edit and Voxel Sniper, but because I was promoted I learnt how to use it properly, I don't see why that is a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Vatowski

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Well, I'm now fairly familiar with some WorldEdit commands, I believe, after a bit of research and practice. The ones I do not know, I'm sure I can pick up quite quickly, as I did with the ones I know. If there's anything in particular I need to learn, and you're not sure if I know it or not, please ask as I want to make sure I know the commands. c:

EDIT: I now have about 115 hours ingame.

EDIT 2: Made a sweet and simple WorldEdit build. I'll hopefully make another, which is better soon. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.