Ignore command

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Okay i had been thinking about this today. What i was thinking was that if possible we could have a ignore command avaliable to all players but it couldnt be used on people of a higher rank than you. This command could come in use if people are trolling or you just dont want to listen to them anymore. I think this would be a good idea but i see it might have some downfalls as well.
An example of this would be:
/ignore [player] [timeperiod]
so say it was this /ignore dessern5 session
The timeperiods could vary from one match to the session or permanent.

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
How would this work.
Would:
1: All messages from that person will not be seen
2: All pm's from that person will not be seen
Probably both.

I love this idea. One of the few ideas I've seen that I think would make a difference on the server.This is my idea on how it could work, in a similar way to /undo:

"/ignore [player] on" could permanently ignore someone.
"/ignore [player] [time]" could ignore someone for a certain period of time.
"/ignore [player] [rounds]" could ignore someone for a certain amount of rounds.
"/ignore [player] off" could prematurely un-ignore someone.
"/ignore all off" would un-ignore everyone currently ignored.
"/ignore list" would give a list of everyone ignored.
"/ignore [player] details" would give details on your ignorance of the player, like how long you're ignore him for.
"/ignore" on its own would give the above list of all /ignore commands (probably the same as "/help ignore" would).
"/ignore me" would give a list of people currently ignoring you (like, ONLINE: gsbzjdf, sadasD. OFFLINE: fsdoadijd.)
and finally,
"/ignore [your name]" would probably say something funny like "Having some schizophrenia, are we?"

I like this idea. I really do. :3

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I really like this idea, and I agree with Swate 100% here, but I do not think that it should be able to be used on higher ranks (trusted included) for they are the people who are enforcing the rules.
EG: If someone is being a troll, or breaking rules and an op tells them off, they will simply use /ignore [op] which will most likely lead to some problems later on. Also there should be a limit on the amount of people one can ignore at a specific time. And there should be an auto reset after a certain length of time. Say a week or two.

Reactions: Swate
Reaction score
First thing, if someone is trolling you... you call a Staff-Member, not just ignore the person. Trolling is a server offense and thus shouldn't be taken lightly

Second thing, this command could definitely be used in a troll-ish way. You could tell people to ignore other nice players, or ignore someone you are IE hiding with... the possibilities for mis-use are endless!

So what do you propose great Budgie sir?

Ignore the person xP It's simple... if you don't want to respond to someone... don't! It's actually even easier in minecraft than in real life!

So why code such a complicated command that has all sorts of issues and loop-holes and issues that need to be patched up, when you don't need it? Simple is best!

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
walker12 said:
I actually like this idea but there are a few flaws with it.​
Would trusted be counted in with the 'higher rank'.​
yes they would

Swate said:
I love this idea. One of the few ideas I've seen that I think would make a difference on the server.This is my idea on how it could work, in a similar way to /undo:

"/ignore [player] on" could permanently ignore someone.
"/ignore [player] [time]" could ignore someone for a certain period of time.
"/ignore [player] [rounds]" could ignore someone for a certain amount of rounds.
"/ignore [player] off" could prematurely un-ignore someone.
"/ignore all off" would un-ignore everyone currently ignored.
"/ignore list" would give a list of everyone ignored.
"/ignore [player] details" would give details on your ignorance of the player, like how long you're ignore him for.
"/ignore" on its own would give the above list of all /ignore commands (probably the same as "/help ignore" would).
"/ignore me" would give a list of people currently ignoring you (like, ONLINE: gsbzjdf, sadasD. OFFLINE: fsdoadijd.)
and finally,
"/ignore [your name]" would probably say something funny like "Having some schizophrenia, are we?"

Reactions: Amorix

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
yes they would
That's hard to do. It's easy enough for '/ignore nillbugwtw' to give the output "You can't ignore anyone of a higher rank!", but since Trusteds are the same rank, it would be difficult to stop people from ignoring a Trusted user. Also, since humans are a higher rank than zombies(in order to have permissions/ranks work correctly), the command could present extra problems (ie zombies couldn't ignore humans).

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
If someone is annoying you to the point where you want to ignore them, they're probably breaking a rule anyway . . .

CaramelCow

Reaction score
All I see is alot of sad faces and depression. Plus if someone is bugging you to the point where you can no longer take it; like enceladus said they are probably breaking a rule. If not just tell an operator and they should be able to sort it out.