Ideas and Suggestions for Realm of Fire! (ROF)

MCEndercraft

Reaction score
Um.. hi! This post is regarding ROF, and how I think we should change it a bit. First off, I think that Survival Mode should all stay at 20 minutes while Classical Mode should stay at around 40-45 minutes. I think this as many people like to express their creativity, so more time in Classical Mode will help them with that.

In addition, I believe that there should be another way of earning cookies rather than being in a safe zone with more than 20 air blocks. In my opinion, there should be something like you could sell your materials to earn a very small amount of cookies, but enables players to be active while waiting for the counter to strike 0.

Lastly, I feel as if we should need some kind of plot/area that each person can go to at any time, basically like a plot where they can use their building materials to create something they want. People could visit other people's plot, and could "like" it, as kind of a voting thing.

Now, I'm going to go back to playing ROF and I hope you'll think about my suggestions! Thanks for making Escape Restart an awesome server!!!

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I like the idea of selling survival obtained items for cookies and I think it's possible with the plugins that we have right now.
What will need to be figured out though is which items and for how much -- And to make sure that it's balanced with the current shop items so that people won't be able to buy shop items and resell them for a profit.

Here's an example
64 Cobblestone - 1 cookie
10 Obsidian - 5 cookies
64 Stone - 5 cookies

If the cookie amount is too high then we can try to figure out how to enable "crumbs" or "cents" so - 1 Cobblestone = .01 crumb which would require 100 cobblestone to = 1 cookie. I think.

Reactions: Mastersten

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I think your ideas are great ways to make the inventory more interesting. Allowing players to sell resources gives incentive to mine/collect in a round instead of just waiting. I think Psycho underpriced the resources a bit though, I don't know the shop prices to buy but when I get +250 for surviving a round there is no real point in mining extremely much stone for only a small increase.

Giving every player their own plot might be a bit too much but I guess it could work.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I discussed the thought earlier with Psycho of cookies only being obtained this way, and given normally during creative rounds. Along with a change to ore spawn rates, and things like diamonds selling for a ton, I think its a good start on a rework of cookies/ranks and a great fix to the AFK problem. Just a brainstorm, not thought out at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Oak Milk

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
If the items that a player had to sell were separated based on rank - just how it is right now for when players buy stuff - then I would think that we'd be able to balance out what items certain ranks can sell back and at different prices. I think it'd be best to choose specific items instead of doing it for every item.

Player Rank
64 Oak Logs - 1 cookie

Crafter Rank
64 Stone - 1 cookie
64 Jungle Logs - 5 cookies

Apprentice Rank
64 Stonebricks - 5 cookies
64 Spruce Logs - 10 cookies

Of course, both the item amounts and prices can be changed- these are just examples.

Slash Survival Cookie Rewards
Then to add on to Ogarci's idea of how selling items can be used to obtain cookies to rank up-- This may seem like a bit of a change, but I think it could work. So, instead of completely removing cookie rewards after a round, we can give half of the current amount rewarded and also do the resell items idea (with edited amounts and prices).

Example
Current Maximum Rewards

Player - 30 cookies
Crafter - 60 cookies
Apprentice - 100 cookies

Revised Maximum Rewards w/ Resell Items
Player - 15 cookies
Crafter - 30 cookies
Apprentice - 50 cookies

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Perhaps for sell prices we could make it generally 50% -75% of the store prices. That way someone, like me , won't go and buy/craft/sell stuff for a profit. ;)

If you really wanted to (for harder to get stacking items) you could have two prices, a lower price for individual items and a higher price for a 64 stack. That way there would be some encouragement of grinding/mining. (Which would mean more playtime in theory.)

Reaction score
Lastly, I feel as if we should need some kind of plot/area that each person can go to at any time, basically like a plot where they can use their building materials to create something they want. People could visit other people's plot, and could "like" it, as kind of a voting thing.
I like this a lot, i feel if every player had their very own small plot they could build their own house and what not. Personally i'd be on RoF more frequently if this existed. Love it. :-)

MCEndercraft

Reaction score
:D So many cool suggestions! I wonder if these changes will make its way towards ROF! Happy Playing!

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Player Rank
64 Oak Logs - 1 cookie

Crafter Rank
64 Stone - 1 cookie
Woah calm down there Psy on the cookie amounts there. We don't want the all the players getting rich so fast.

On another note (regarding the whole thread), I'd love to see this happen. I really like the idea of selling items, and getting cookies in return. It'll solve most afkers, as they'll want to be constantly mining for valuables. I think it'll also make for a better time ranking up too, as it takes quite a while to do currently.

I also think the idea to have plots is to be considered aswell. It too will allow players something more to do whole they play, and, something to be proud of: a giant tower or so to keep all your cake and cookies.

tyukmn

Esteemed
Donor
Reaction score
Being able to sell ores would be okay, but selling stacks of blocks just seems silly. If people find grinding blocks for 20-35 minutes fun, whatever I guess.

The plot thing sounds interesting, if that's possible to code.